The No. 1 seed Prairie View A&M Panthers (14-4) are favored by 25 points when they face off the No. 8 seed Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (2-21) in the SWAC Tournament quarterfinals. The teams will look to take another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket on Wednesday at Bartow Arena beginning at 9:30 PM ET and airing on ESPN3.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 10, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Delta Devils (+25)
The spread for this game suggested by the model (24.1 points) is a little tighter than the 25-point edge DraftKings gives to the Panthers, though the data still has them as the favorite.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this contest, within 0.6 points of each other.
Prediction: Prairie View A&M 82, Mississippi Valley State 57
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Panthers’ average implied point total this season is 6.6 fewer points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (75.4 implied points on average compared to 82 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Prairie View A&M has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (82) two times.
- The Delta Devils’ average implied point total on the season (87.3 points) is 30.3 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (57 points).
- Mississippi Valley State has scored more than 57 points in 13 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Prairie View A&M and Mississippi Valley State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 25+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Panthers are shooting 45.2% from the field this season, 3.2 percentage points lower than the 48.4% the Delta Devils allow to opponents.
- Prairie View A&M is 5-0-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it shoots higher than 48.4% from the field.
- Mississippi Valley State has put together a 5-3 record against the spread and a 2-6 record overall when its opponents make more than 45.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Delta Devils’ 35.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is 6.4 percentage points lower than the Panthers have allowed to their opponents (42.1%).
- This season, Mississippi Valley State has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 42.1% from the field.
- Prairie View A&M is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games its opponents shoot higher than 35.7% from the field.
- The Panthers are making 29.9% of their three-point shots this season, 5.3% lower than the 35.2% the Delta Devils allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Prairie View A&M has collected a 7-0-1 record against the spread and a 6-2 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 35.2% of its three-point shots.
- Mississippi Valley State is 3-5 against the spread while putting together a 1-7 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 29.9% from three-point range.
- The Delta Devils are knocking down 33.2% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only 0.2 percentage points greater than the 33% the Panthers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Mississippi Valley State is 2-11 overall and 7-6 against the spread when it shoots over 33% as a team from three-point distance.
- Prairie View A&M has a 7-2 straight-up record and a 7-0-2 ATS record when it has shot better than 33.2% from three-point range.
- The Panthers knock down 6.4 three-pointers per game this season, 2.6 fewer makes per game than the Delta Devils allow (9).
- The Delta Devils are 6-5 against the spread and 2-9 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Panthers are 3-4 ATS and 5-2 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from