The No. 5 seed UTEP Miners (12-11) are favored by three points in the C-USA Tournament quarterfinals over the No. 4 seed Florida Atlantic Owls (12-9). The teams will hit the court Wednesday at 9:30 PM ET live on ESPN+, with the winner moving closer to a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 10, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Miners by 2.4 points, just 0.6 less than the 3-point spread set by DraftKings.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 1.9 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: UTEP 70, Florida Atlantic 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Miners have an average implied point total of 72 this season, which is two points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (70).
- UTEP will attempt to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (70) for the 12th time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Owls (71.1) is 4.1 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (67).
- Florida Atlantic has scored more than 67 points 16 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UTEP and Florida Atlantic Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Miners are shooting 42.9% from the field this season, 1.8 percentage points higher than the 41.1% the Owls allow to opponents.
- UTEP is 9-1 against the spread and 11-2 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 41.1% from the field.
- Florida Atlantic’s record is 10-2 overall and 5-3 against the spread when its opponents make more than 42.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Owls are shooting 46.7% from the field, 3.4% higher than the 43.3% the Miners’ opponents have shot this season.
- Florida Atlantic has put together an 11-4 straight up record and a 6-5 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 43.3% from the field.
- UTEP is 9-4 against the spread and 10-6 overall in games its opponents shoot higher than 46.7% from the field.
- The Miners’ 33.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.5 percentage points lower than opponents of the Owls have shot from beyond the arc (34.1%).
- UTEP is 8-3 against the spread and 8-5 overall when it shoots better than 34.1% from distance.
- Florida Atlantic is 4-5-1 against the spread and 8-5 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 33.6% from deep.
- The Owls three-point shooting percentage this season (37.6%) is 3.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Miners are averaging (34%).
- Florida Atlantic has an 8-1-1 ATS record and has gone 11-3 straight-up when making more than 34% of its three-point attempts.
- UTEP has an 8-3 ATS record and an 8-5 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 37.6% from three-point range.
- The Miners’ 7.4 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.3 fewer made shots on average than the 9.7 per game the Owls give up.
- The Owls are 6-4-1 against the spread and 10-5 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Miners are 1-2 ATS and 3-2 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from