The Samford Bulldogs (14-7, 8-0 SoCon) will visit the Furman Paladins (15-6, 6-2 SoCon) after winning three road games in a row. It starts at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Paladins’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Bulldogs ( ).
The betting trends in the article below are based off odds valid as of January 25, 2023 at 5:45 PM ET. Keep scrolling for a look at all of the latest odds for this contest and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Furman Vs Samford Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Furman (-4.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (151)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Furman Vs Samford Stat Rankings
|Furman Avg. (Rank)||Samford Avg. (Rank)|
|82.4 (15th)||Points Scored||78 (47th)|
|72.5 (270th)||Points Allowed||69.3 (179th)|
|33.7 (188th)||Rebounds||36 (72nd)|
|8.7 (243rd)||Off. Rebounds||10.5 (87th)|
|9.9 (17th)||3pt Made||9 (36th)|
|17.7 (8th)||Assists||12.6 (237th)|
|11.8 (137th)||Turnovers||12.6 (218th)|
Furman Vs Samford Betting Trends
- Against the spread, the Paladins are 9-9-0 this season.
- Furman’s ATS record as 4.5-point favorites or more is 8-7.
- There have been 10 Paladins games (out of 18) that hit the over this year.
- In eight games this year, Furman and its opponent have combined to score more than 151 points.
- The over/under in this matchup is 151 points, and that’s 3.9 less than the average total in this season’s Paladins contests.
- Samford has covered the spread nine times in 17 games.
- The Bulldogs have won twice ATS (2-1) as a 4.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Out of 18 Furman’s games so far this season, 10 have gone over the total.
- Bulldogs games have gone over 151 points on four occasions this year.
- The over/under for this game is 3.6 points higher than the average scoring total for Samford’s games (147.4).
Best Betting Sites For Furman vs Samford
Furman Impact Players
- Jalen Slawson paces his squad in rebounds per contest (6.9), and also puts up 15.2 points and 3.6 assists. At the other end, he puts up 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocked shots.
- Mike Bothwell is tops on his squad in points per contest (19.7), and also averages 3.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists. Defensively, he delivers 1 steal and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Marcus Foster posts 11.2 points, 5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per contest, shooting 42.6% from the floor and 39.3% from downtown with 2 made 3-pointers per contest.
- JP Pegues is tops on his squad in assists per contest (3.8), and also puts up 9.8 points and 3.9 rebounds. Defensively, he posts 0.6 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.
- Garrett Hien posts 8 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game, shooting 54.8% from the floor.
Samford Impact Players
- Logan Dye is putting up team highs in points (13.9 per game) and assists (1.3). And he is producing 5.5 rebounds, making 50.7% of his shots from the field and 40.6% from 3-point range, with 1.2 triples per contest.
- Jermaine Marshall is averaging a team-leading 7.1 rebounds per contest. And he is contributing 11.9 points and 1.1 assists, making 45.7% of his shots from the field and 35% from beyond the arc, with 1.1 treys per game.
- Bubba Parham gives the Bulldogs 9.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. He also delivers 1 steal and 0 blocked shots.
- Jaron Rillie is averaging a team-high 3 assists per contest. And he is delivering 5.8 points and 2.8 rebounds, making 47.9% of his shots from the field.
- A.J. Staton-McCray is putting up 6.9 points, 3.4 rebounds and 0.6 assists per game, making 44.1% of his shots from the field.