The SE Louisiana Lions (7-17) will attempt to stop a four-game losing streak when they host the McNeese Cowboys (10-13) on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at Leonard E. Merrell Center as just 1.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s over/under is set at 146.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 9, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this game suggested by the model (0.5 points) is slightly less than the 1.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Cowboys, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 1.6 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: McNeese 75, SE Louisiana 74
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cowboys have an average implied point total of 77.9 this season, which is 3.9 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (74).
- So far this season, McNeese has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (74) 14 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Lions (76.2) is 3.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (73).
- SE Louisiana has scored more than 73 points in nine games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
McNeese and SE Louisiana Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Cowboys have a 49.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.5% higher than the 48% of shots the Lions’ opponents have hit.
- McNeese has a 10-6 straight-up record and a 5-4 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 48% from the field.
- SE Louisiana has put up a 5-5 record against the spread and a 4-9 record overall when its opponents make more than 49.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Lions are shooting 39.6% from the field, 5.2% lower than the 44.8% the Cowboys’ opponents have shot this season.
- SE Louisiana is 3-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread when it knocks down more than 44.8% of its attempts from the field.
- This season, McNeese has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 39.6% from the field.
- The Cowboys shoot 39.2% from beyond the arc, 3.2% higher than the 36% the Lions allow to opponents.
- McNeese has put together a 4-5 record against the spread and an 8-7 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- SE Louisiana is 7-8 against the spread while putting up a 5-13 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 39.2% from three-point distance.
- The Lions are making 30.3% of their shots from three-point range, which is 6.2 percentage points fewer than the 36.5% the Cowboys’ are averaging on the season.
- SE Louisiana has a 5-2 ATS record and is 4-4 straight-up in games when the team hits more than 36.5% of its three-point attempts.
- McNeese is 5-2 overall and 1-2 ATS in games it shoots above 30.3% from deep.
- The Cowboys knock down 8.6 three-pointers per game this season, 1.6 more made shots on average than the 7 per game the Lions give up.
- McNeese has gone 2-4 against the spread and 7-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When SE Louisiana makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 2-9 ATS and 1-12 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from