The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-15) are 8-point underdogs as they try to break a seven-game losing streak when they visit the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-14) on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at Greensboro Coliseum. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ACCN. The point total for the matchup is set at 141.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 9, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Fighting Irish (-8)
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.5 points of each other.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.3 points of each other.
Prediction: Notre Dame 75, Wake Forest 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Fighting Irish’s average implied point total this season is 0.9 fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (74.1 implied points on average compared to 75 implied points in this game).
- Notre Dame has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (75) 11 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Demon Deacons (74.2) is 7.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (67).
- This season, Wake Forest has scored more than this game’s implied total of 67 points nine times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Notre Dame and Wake Forest Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Fighting Irish make 46.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.3 percentage points lower than the Demon Deacons have allowed to their opponents (46.7%).
- Notre Dame has an 8-3 record against the spread and a 6-5 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.7% from the field.
- Wake Forest’s record is 4-3 overall and 4-2 against the spread when its opponents make more than 46.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Demon Deacons’ 41.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.9 percentage points lower than the Fighting Irish have allowed to their opponents (44.1%).
- This season, Wake Forest has put up a 5-2 record against the spread and a 3-4 record overall in games the team shoots higher than 44.1% collectively from the field.
- When Notre Dame’s opponents hit better than 41.2% from the field, it is 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- The Fighting Irish shoot 36.7% from beyond the arc, 0.4% lower than the 37.1% the Demon Deacons allow to opponents.
- Notre Dame is 7-6 overall and 7-6 against the spread when it shoots better than 37.1% from distance.
- Wake Forest has put up a 6-4 against the spread while going 4-7 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 36.7% from deep.
- The Demon Deacons three-point shooting percentage this season (34%) is 2.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Fighting Irish are averaging (36.2%).
- Wake Forest has a 6-1 ATS record and has gone 3-4 straight-up when making more than 36.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Notre Dame is 6-6 ATS and 7-5 overall in games it shoots above 34% from deep.
- When Notre Dame makes more threes than its opponents, it is 9-6 against the spread and 9-6 overall. When Wake Forest is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-6 ATS and 1-7 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from