The Incarnate Word Cardinals (8-13) are 1-point underdogs as they look to turn around a five-game losing streak when they host the Houston Baptist Huskies (5-18) on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at Leonard E. Merrell Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total is 143 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 9, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Huskies taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (0.4 points). Lean towards taking the Cardinals.
The model projects a total 2.2 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Houston Baptist 73, Incarnate Word 72
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Huskies this season is 84.2 points, 12.2 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Tuesday’s game.
- Houston Baptist has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (72) 11 times.
- The Cardinals’ average implied point total on the season (73.4 points) is 2.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (71 points).
- Incarnate Word will try to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (71) for the eighth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Huskies are shooting 42.9% from the field this season, 3.3 percentage points lower than the 46.2% the Cardinals allow to opponents.
- Houston Baptist has gone 3-5 overall and 4-1-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 46.2% from the field.
- Incarnate Word is 4-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when its opponents shoot better than 42.9% from the field.
- The Cardinals have shot at a 44.6% clip from the field this season, 2.5 percentage points fewer than the 47.1% shooting opponents of the Huskies have averaged.
- This season, Incarnate Word has a 5-2 record overall and a 2-0-1 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots over 47.1% from the field.
- When opponents of Houston Baptist shoot greater than 44.6% from the field, it is 5-1 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- The Huskies’ 34.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is 4.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cardinals have shot from beyond the arc (29.9%).
- Houston Baptist is 8-3-1 against the spread and 4-11 overall when it shoots better than 29.9% from downtown.
- Incarnate Word is 6-5-1 against the spread while putting together a 7-8 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 34.4% from three-point distance.
- The Cardinals shoot 38.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 2.8 percentage points higher than the Huskies have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.3%).
- Incarnate Word has a 7-3-1 ATS record and has gone 7-7 straight-up when making more than 35.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Houston Baptist has a 9-3 ATS record and a 5-9 straight-up record in games this season when it hits more than 38.1% of its three-point shots.
- Houston Baptist is 5-3-1 against the spread and 3-8 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Incarnate Word is 1-1 ATS and 1-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from