The CSU Fullerton Titans (6-9) host the Cal Poly Mustangs (3-19) as 5.5-point favorites after Tray Maddox put up 30 points in the Titans 85-78 loss to UCSD. The matchup airs on ESPN3 at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 9, 2021. The matchup’s point total is set at 140.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 9, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Our computers expect the same result as DraftKings, but have the Titans winning by a considerably more robust margin (8.5 points). Take the Titans.
The model predicts a total 2.5 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: CSU Fullerton 76, Cal Poly 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Titans this season is 75.1 points, 2.1 more points than their implied total of 73 points in Tuesday’s game.
- CSU Fullerton has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (73) 11 times this season.
- The 73.9-point average implied total on the season for the Mustangs is 6.9 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- Cal Poly has scored more than 67 points in six games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
CSU Fullerton and Cal Poly Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Titans make 45.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.4 percentage points higher than the Mustangs have allowed to their opponents (44.1%).
- In games when CSU Fullerton shoots better than 44.1% from the field, it is 3-1 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- Cal Poly is 3-9 overall and 4-6 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 45.5% from the field.
- The Mustangs have shot at a 39.2% clip from the field this season, 7.8 percentage points below the 47% shooting opponents of the Titans have averaged.
- Cal Poly is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall when it shoots better than 47% from the field.
- This season, CSU Fullerton has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall when its opponents shoot over 39.2% from the field.
- The Titans’ 38.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is 3.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Mustangs have shot from beyond the arc (34.9%).
- CSU Fullerton has a 4-2-1 record against the spread and a 4-6 record overall when the team makes more than 34.9% of its attempts from three-point distance.
- Cal Poly is 6-6 against the spread while putting up a 2-12 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 38.6% of their shots from downtown.
- The Mustangs shoot 31.4% from three-point distance this season. That’s 6.3 percentage points lower than the Titans have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.7%).
- Cal Poly has a 1-2 ATS record and is 1-5 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 37.7% of its three-point attempts.
- CSU Fullerton has a 1-2 straight-up record and a 2-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 31.4% from three-point range.
- The Titans hit 7.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.3 more makes per game than the Mustangs give up (6.6).
- CSU Fullerton has gone 3-2-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Cal Poly hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-6 ATS and 1-8 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from