A pair of hot teams meet when the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (16-6) host the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (14-10) on Monday, March 8, 2021 at 6:45 PM ET. The Jackrabbits are 4.5-point favorites and put their three-game win streak on the line against the Golden Eagles, who have won three straight. The over/under is 162 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 8, 2021, 1:22 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Eagles (+4.5)
The model and DraftKings both have the Jackrabbits taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (3.6 points). Lean towards taking the Golden Eagles.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is more than two possessions higher (7.1 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the under.
Prediction: South Dakota State 79, Oral Roberts 76
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Jackrabbits this season is 78.3 points, 4.7 fewer points than their implied total of 83 points in Monday’s game.
- South Dakota State has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (83) 12 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Golden Eagles (80.7) is 1.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (79).
- Oral Roberts will attempt to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (79) for the 14th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
South Dakota State and Oral Roberts Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Jackrabbits are shooting 49.8% from the field this season, 6.7 percentage points higher than the 43.1% the Golden Eagles allow to opponents.
- South Dakota State has compiled a 10-6 record against the spread and a 16-3 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 43.1% from the field.
- Oral Roberts’ record is 9-7 against the spread and 12-7 overall when its opponents make more than 49.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Golden Eagles are shooting 45.2% from the field, 2.1% higher than the 43.1% the Jackrabbits’ opponents have shot this season.
- Oral Roberts has a 9-5 record against the spread and a 13-3 record overall in games when it shoots higher than 43.1% from the field.
- South Dakota State is 10-3 overall and 7-4 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot above 45.2% from the field.
- The Jackrabbits are hitting 40.3% of their three-point shots this season, 6% higher than the 34.3% the Golden Eagles allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- South Dakota State is 7-3 against the spread and 10-2 overall when it shoots better than 34.3% from distance.
- Oral Roberts is 9-5 against the spread while putting together an 11-6 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 40.3% from three-point distance.
- The Golden Eagles shoot 38.9% from three-point distance this season. That’s 4.8 percentage points higher than the Jackrabbits have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.1%).
- Oral Roberts has an 8-7 ATS record and has gone 11-6 straight-up when hitting more than 34.1% of its three-point attempts.
- South Dakota State has a 9-4 ATS record and a 12-3 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 38.9% of its three-point attempts.
- The Jackrabbits connect on 8.1 three-pointers per game this season, 3.2 fewer makes per game than the Golden Eagles allow (11.3).
- Oral Roberts has gone 11-3 against the spread and 11-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When South Dakota State makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 3-7 ATS and 7-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from