The Drexel Dragons (10-7) hit the road in CAA play against the Northeastern Huskies (10-8) on Monday, March 8, 2021 at 9:30 PM ET. The Dragons are 1-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 131.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 8, 2021, 1:22 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model has the Huskies as 0.5-point favorites in this one despite the opposite prediction from DraftKings. However, the margin between the two lines is only 1.5 points.
The model projects a total 6.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Northeastern 69, Drexel 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Dragons’ average implied point total this season is 5.5 more points than their implied total in Monday’s game (71.5 implied points on average compared to 66 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Drexel has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (66) 13 times.
- The Huskies’ average implied point total on the season (72.8 points) is 7.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (65 points).
- This season, Northeastern has scored more than this game’s implied total of 65 points 11 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Drexel and Northeastern Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Dragons are shooting 47.7% from the field this season, 4.8 percentage points higher than the 42.9% the Huskies allow to opponents.
- In games when Drexel shoots higher than 42.9% from the field, it is 8-4 overall and 8-2 against the spread.
- Northeastern is 10-2 against the spread and 10-3 overall when its opponents shoot better than 47.7% from the field.
- The Huskies have shot at a 44% clip from the field this season, 0.6 percentage points fewer than the 44.6% shooting opponents of the Dragons have averaged.
- This season, Northeastern has put up a 5-2 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall in games the team shoots above 44.6% collectively from the field.
- Drexel is 7-2 overall and 6-2 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot above 44% from the field.
- The Dragons shoot 35.5% from three-point range, 4.1% higher than the 31.4% the Huskies allow to opponents.
- Drexel is 10-2 overall and 8-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 31.4% from distance.
- Northeastern is 7-2 against the spread while putting together a 7-3 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 35.5% from three-point distance.
- The Huskies are making 35.5% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 2.8 percentage points higher than the 32.7% the Dragons’ are averaging on the season.
- Northeastern has an 8-3 ATS record and is 9-3 straight-up when the team makes more than 32.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Drexel has a 6-2 ATS record and a 6-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.5% from deep.
- The Dragons make 7.1 three-pointers per game this season, 1.6 fewer makes per game than the Huskies allow (8.7).
- The Huskies are 9-4 against the spread and 8-6 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Dragons are 2-4 ATS and 1-6 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from