The North Dakota State Bison (14-11) visit the South Dakota Coyotes (14-10) in a matchup of Summit teams at Sanford Pentagon, beginning at 9:45 PM ET on Monday, March 8, 2021. The Bison are 3-point favorites in the game, the fourth matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 138.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 8, 2021, 1:22 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Bison taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (1.0 point). Lean towards taking the Coyotes.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 4.6 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: North Dakota State 72, South Dakota 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bison’s average implied point total this season is 0.2 more points than their implied total in Monday’s game (71.2 implied points on average compared to 71 implied points in this game).
- North Dakota State has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (71) 13 times this season.
- The Coyotes’ average implied point total on the season (75.7 points) is 7.7 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (68 points).
- South Dakota has put up more than 68 points 17 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
North Dakota State and South Dakota Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Bison have a 44.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.6% higher than the 41.9% of shots the Coyotes’ opponents have made.
- North Dakota State has compiled an 11-4 record against the spread and a 10-5 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 41.9% from the field.
- South Dakota has a 10-3-1 record against the spread and a 12-3 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 44.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Coyotes are shooting 46.7% from the field, 3.2% higher than the 43.5% the Bison’s opponents have shot this season.
- South Dakota has compiled a 7-8 record against the spread and a 10-6 straight up record in games it shoots better than 43.5% from the field.
- North Dakota State is 12-7 against the spread and 11-8 overall in games its opponents shoot greater than 46.7% from the field.
- The Bison shoot 34.1% from beyond the arc, 1.1% lower than the 35.2% the Coyotes allow to opponents.
- North Dakota State has a 7-2 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall when the team connects on more than 35.2% of its three-point shots.
- South Dakota has put up an 8-4-1 against the spread while going 10-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34.1% from downtown.
- The Coyotes shoot 38.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 5.3 percentage points higher than the Bison have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.5%).
- South Dakota has a 6-7-1 ATS record and has gone 9-5 straight-up when hitting more than 33.5% of its three-point attempts.
- North Dakota State has a 12-7 ATS record and a 12-7 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 38.8% from three-point range.
- South Dakota is 5-4 against the spread and 7-2 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while North Dakota State is 6-6 ATS and 6-6 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from