A game after he went off for 31 points in a 94-92 win over Wright State, DeAndre Gholston leads the Milwaukee Panthers (10-11) on the road against the Cleveland State Vikings (17-7) on Monday, March 8, 2021. The Panthers are underdogs by 3.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 6:30 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup’s over/under is set at 141.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 8, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Vikings taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (2.4 points). Lean towards taking the Panthers.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 6.3 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Cleveland State 75, Milwaukee 72
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Vikings have an average implied point total of 71.6 this season, which is 0.4 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (72).
- Cleveland State has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (72) 11 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Panthers (74.5) is 5.5 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (69).
- Milwaukee has put up more than 69 points in 16 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Cleveland State and Milwaukee Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Vikings are shooting 44.8% from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points lower than the 45.1% the Panthers allow to opponents.
- Cleveland State has an 8-2 record against the spread and a 10-1 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 45.1% from the field.
- Milwaukee is 9-3 overall and 9-3 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 44.8% from the field.
- The Panthers have shot at a 43.9% clip from the field this season, one percentage point greater than the 42.9% shooting opponents of the Vikings have averaged.
- Milwaukee is 8-4 against the spread and 6-6 overall when it shoots better than 42.9% from the field.
- Cleveland State is 9-4 against the spread and 9-4 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 43.9% from the field.
- The Vikings shoot 31.8% from beyond the arc, 5.7% lower than the 37.5% the Panthers allow to opponents.
- Cleveland State is 5-2 overall and 6-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 37.5% from distance.
- Milwaukee has compiled a 5-4 against the spread while going 5-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 31.8% from deep.
- The Panthers three-point shooting percentage this season (33.4%) is -2.1 percentage points lower than opponents of the Vikings are averaging (31.3%).
- Milwaukee has a 7-4 ATS record and has gone 4-7 straight-up when making more than 31.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Cleveland State has a 10-6 straight-up record and a 9-6 ATS record when it has shot better than 33.4% from three-point range.
- When Milwaukee makes more threes than its opponents, it is 3-3 against the spread and 3-3 overall. When Cleveland State is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 6-5 ATS and 7-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from