The Memphis Tigers (15-6) will look to build on a six-game winning streak when they visit the No. 9 Houston Cougars (20-3) at 12:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021 as 9.5-point underdogs. The Cougars have won three games in a row. The matchup has a point total of 132.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 7, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.5 points of each other).
The model projects a total 1.7 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Houston 72, Memphis 62
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Cougars this season is 73.3 points, 2.3 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Sunday’s game.
- Houston has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (71) 15 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Tigers (75.2) is 13.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (62).
- Memphis has totaled more than 62 points 16 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Houston and Memphis Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 9.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Cougars have a 44% shooting percentage from the field, which is 5.4% higher than the 38.6% of shots the Tigers’ opponents have hit.
- Houston has a 15-1 straight-up record and a 12-3 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 38.6% from the field.
- Memphis’ record is 9-6 against the spread and 13-3 overall when its opponents make more than 44% of their shots from the field.
- The Tigers are shooting 44.1% from the field, 7.5% higher than the 36.6% the Cougars’ opponents have shot this season.
- Memphis is 15-4 overall and 10-7 against the spread when it knocks down more than 36.6% of its shots from the field.
- Houston is 20-2 overall and 16-5 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot over 44.1% from the field.
- The Cougars’ 35.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 9.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Tigers have shot from deep (26.8%).
- Houston has put together a 15-5 record against the spread and a 19-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 26.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Memphis is 9-5 overall and 8-6 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 35.9% from deep.
- The Tigers three-point shooting percentage this season (35.3%) is 8.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cougars are averaging (26.9%).
- Memphis is 8-4 against the spread and 11-3 overall when it shoots over 26.9% as a team from deep.
- Houston is 14-4 ATS and 18-1 overall in games when shooting above 35.3% from deep.
- The Cougars’ 9.3 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.8 more made shots on average than the 7.5 per game the Tigers allow.
- The Cougars are 15-2 against the spread and 18-0 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Tigers are 2-3 ATS and 5-1 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from