The East Carolina Pirates (8-9) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Cincinnati Bearcats (9-10) on Sunday, March 7, 2021 at Minges Coliseum as just 1.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 138.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 7, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this game suggested by the model (0.3 points) is a little bit less than the 1.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Bearcats, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 1.6 points higher than the model projection.
Prediction: Cincinnati 69, East Carolina 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bearcats have an average implied point total of 71.5 this season, which is 1.5 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (70).
- So far this season, Cincinnati has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (70) nine times.
- The 71.9-point average implied total on the season for the Pirates is 2.9 more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- East Carolina has totaled more than 69 points five times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Cincinnati and East Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bearcats make 42.8% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.1 percentage points higher than the Pirates have allowed to their opponents (41.7%).
- In games Cincinnati shoots better than 41.7% from the field, it is 3-7 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
- East Carolina has put up a 5-4 record against the spread and a 7-3 record overall when its opponents hit more than 42.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Pirates have shot at a 41.5% rate from the field this season, 2.6 percentage points less than the 44.1% shooting opponents of the Bearcats have averaged.
- East Carolina is 3-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall when it shoots higher than 44.1% from the field.
- When Cincinnati’s opponents hit better than 41.5% from the field, it is 2-4 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- The Bearcats are making 30.5% of their three-point shots this season, 1% lower than the 31.5% the Pirates allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Cincinnati has put together a 3-4 record against the spread and a 4-4 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 31.5% of its three-point attempts.
- East Carolina is 6-1 overall and 3-3 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 30.5% from deep.
- The Pirates shoot 31.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 1.4 percentage points lower than the Bearcats have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.9%).
- East Carolina has a 2-5 ATS record and is 5-3 straight-up when the team hits more than 32.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Cincinnati is 4-5 overall and 2-6 ATS in games it shoots over 31.5% from deep.
- Cincinnati has gone 4-6 against the spread and 6-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When East Carolina hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 2-8 ATS and 4-7 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from