The Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-18) are underdogs (by 7 points) to stop a 10-game road losing streak when they visit the Northwestern Wildcats (8-14) on Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 1:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 140.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 7, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (5.1 points) is slightly less than the 7-point edge DraftKings gives to the Wildcats, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model projects a total 1.4 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Northwestern 74, Nebraska 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Wildcats’ average implied point total this season is 1.7 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (75.7 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- Northwestern has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (74) seven times.
- The 78.3-point average implied total on the season for the Cornhuskers is 11.3 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- Nebraska has scored more than 67 points in 14 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Northwestern and Nebraska Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wildcats make 43.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.3 percentage points higher than the Cornhuskers have allowed to their opponents (42.1%).
- Northwestern has amassed an 8-2-1 record against the spread and a 7-6 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 42.1% from the field.
- Nebraska is 6-7 overall and 7-4 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 43.4% from the field.
- The Cornhuskers are shooting 41.7% from the field, 1.2% lower than the 42.9% the Wildcats’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Nebraska has a 5-7 record overall and a 7-3 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots better than 42.9% from the field.
- When Northwestern’s opponents shoot greater than 41.7% from the field, it is 4-2-1 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
- The Wildcats’ 35.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is 4.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cornhuskers have shot from deep (31%).
- Northwestern is 8-1-1 against the spread and 8-5 overall when it shoots better than 31% from distance.
- Nebraska has compiled an 8-9 against the spread while going 6-13 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.2% from downtown.
- The Cornhuskers shoot 33.3% from three-point distance this season. That’s 0.5 percentage points higher than the Wildcats have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.8%).
- Nebraska has a 7-6 ATS record and has gone 4-11 straight-up when making more than 32.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Northwestern has a 6-3 straight-up record and a 4-0-1 ATS record this season when it hits more than 33.3% of its three-point shots.
- When Northwestern makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 7-0-1 against the spread and 7-4 overall. When Nebraska is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 3-8 ATS and 1-11 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from