The Maryland Terrapins (15-11) are 6.5-point favorites as they attempt to continue a four-game home winning streak when they square off against the Penn State Nittany Lions (9-13) on Sunday, March 7, 2021 at XFINITY Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under of 136 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 7, 2021, 2:20 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Nittany Lions (+6.5)
The model favors the Terrapins by 4.4 points, just 2.1 fewer than the 6.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total 3.8 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Maryland 72, Penn State 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Terrapins have an average implied point total of 72.5 this season, which is 1.5 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (71).
- Maryland is looking to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (71) for the ninth time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Nittany Lions (76.2) is 11.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (65).
- Penn State has totaled more than 65 points in 16 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Maryland and Penn State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Terrapins have a 45.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.6% lower than the 46.7% of shots the Nittany Lions’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when Maryland shoots better than 46.7% from the field, it is 8-1 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- Penn State is 8-2 against the spread and 7-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.1% from the field.
- The Nittany Lions are shooting 41% from the field, 0.3% lower than the 41.3% the Terrapins’ opponents have shot this season.
- Penn State is 6-5 overall and 6-3 against the spread when it shoots higher than 41.3% from the field.
- Maryland is 5-4 against the spread and 8-4 overall in games its opponents shoot over 41% from the field.
- The Terrapins shoot 35.1% from beyond the arc, 1.2% higher than the 33.9% the Nittany Lions allow to opponents.
- Maryland is 11-4 overall and 7-6 against the spread when it shoots better than 33.9% from distance.
- Penn State has gone 5-7 overall and has an 8-3 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.1% from deep.
- The Nittany Lions shoot 34.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s the same as opponents of the Terrapins are averaging (34.1%).
- Penn State is 5-5 against the spread and 5-6 overall when it shoots over 34.1% as a team from deep.
- Maryland has a 6-4 ATS record and a 10-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.1% from deep.
- The Terrapins hit 8 three-pointers per game this season, just one fewer make per game than the Nittany Lions give up (9).
- Penn State is 10-6 against the spread and 8-9 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Maryland is 1-9 ATS and 3-8 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from