The Charleston (SC) Cougars (9-9) host the Drexel Dragons (9-7) as 4.5-point underdogs after Zep Jasper scored 38 points in the Cougars 86-83 victory over Columbus State. The game is at 9:30 PM ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021. The matchup’s point total is set at 127.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 7, 2021, 2:20 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Dragons by 2.1 points, just 2.4 less than the 4.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (137.5 points) much higher than the DraftKings over/under (127.5 points). Bet on the over.
Prediction: Drexel 70, Charleston (SC) 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Dragons’ average implied point total this season is 5.9 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (71.9 implied points on average compared to 66 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Drexel has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (66) 12 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Cougars (71.2) is 9.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (62).
- Charleston (SC) has scored more than 62 points in 13 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Drexel and Charleston (SC) Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Dragons have a 47.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.5% higher than the 43.7% of shots the Cougars’ opponents have made.
- Drexel has a 7-2 record against the spread and a 7-4 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 43.7% from the field.
- Charleston (SC)’s record is 5-5 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it allows its opponents to hit more than 47.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Cougars have shot at a 45.1% clip from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points above the 44.4% shooting opponents of the Dragons have averaged.
- This season, Charleston (SC) has a 4-2 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall in games the team shoots above 44.4% collectively from the field.
- Drexel is 6-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall in games its opponents shoot greater than 45.1% from the field.
- The Dragons are hitting 34.1% of their three-point shots this season, 0.6% lower than the 34.7% the Cougars allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Drexel has a 7-1 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when the team makes more than 34.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Charleston (SC) is 4-5 against the spread and 8-3 overall when its opponents hit more than 34.1% of their shots from deep.
- The Cougars three-point shooting percentage this season (37.3%) is 5.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Dragons are averaging (32%).
- Charleston (SC) has a 5-6 ATS record and has gone 8-5 straight-up when making more than 32% of its three-point attempts.
- Drexel is 6-3 ATS and 6-4 overall in games when shooting above 37.3% from deep.
- The Dragons hit 6.8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer makes per game than the Cougars allow (8.2).
- When Charleston (SC) makes more threes than its opponents, it is 5-5 against the spread and 8-3 overall. When Drexel is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-4 ATS and 1-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from