The Kentucky Wildcats (8-15) host the South Carolina Gamecocks (6-13) in a matchup of SEC teams at Rupp Arena, beginning at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, March 6, 2021. The Gamecocks are 7.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is 151 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Wildcats this season is 73 points, six fewer points than their implied total of 79 points in Saturday’s game.
- Kentucky has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (79) five times.
- The 76.6-point average implied total on the season for the Gamecocks is 4.6 more points than the team’s 72-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, South Carolina has scored more than this game’s implied total of 72 points 13 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Kentucky and South Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Wildcats have a 41.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 4.7% lower than the 46.1% of shots the Gamecocks’ have knocked down.
- Kentucky is 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 46.1% from the field.
- South Carolina has a 6-1 record against the spread and a 5-2 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 41.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Gamecocks have shot at a 42% rate from the field this season, -0.9 percentage points fewer than the 41.1% shooting opponents of the Wildcats have averaged.
- South Carolina has compiled a 7-6 record against the spread and a 6-7 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 41.1% from the field.
- When Kentucky’s opponents hit better than 42% from the field, it is 5-6-1 against the spread and 7-5 overall.
- The Wildcats are hitting 32.2% of their three-point shots this season, 4% lower than the 36.2% the Gamecocks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Kentucky is 4-6 against the spread and 6-4 overall when it shoots better than 36.2% from distance.
- South Carolina has compiled a 4-2 against the spread while going 4-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 32.2% from downtown.
- The Gamecocks shoot 31.6% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 0.1 percentage points lower than the Wildcats have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (31.7%).
- South Carolina has a 4-5 ATS record and is 4-5 straight-up when the team hits more than 31.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Kentucky has a 4-7-2 ATS record and a 5-8 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 31.6% of its three-point attempts.
- The Wildcats hit 5.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer made shots on average than the 7.3 per game the Gamecocks give up.
- When South Carolina makes more threes than its opponents, it is 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall. When Kentucky is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 1-11-1 ATS and 2-11 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from