The Clemson Tigers (15-6) are 8-point favorites as they attempt to continue a five-game home win streak when they square off against the Pittsburgh Panthers (10-10) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Littlejohn Coliseum. The contest airs at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The over/under for the matchup is set at 128.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.1 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
The model predicts a total 5.2 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Clemson 71, Pittsburgh 63
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Tigers’ average implied point total this season is the same as their implied total for Saturday’s game (68 points).
- Clemson has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (68) six times this season.
- The Panthers’ average implied point total on the season (73.4 points) is 13.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (60 points).
- Pittsburgh has scored more than 60 points in 18 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Clemson and Pittsburgh Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Tigers make 42% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.9 percentage points lower than the Panthers have allowed to their opponents (42.9%).
- Clemson is 5-4-1 against the spread and 10-1 overall in games when it shoots better than 42.9% from the field.
- Pittsburgh is 9-1 overall and 10-0 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 42% from the field.
- The Panthers are shooting 43.1% from the field, 1.9% higher than the 41.2% the Tigers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Pittsburgh is 7-5 overall and 7-5 against the spread when it makes more than 41.2% of its attempts from the field.
- This season, Clemson has an 8-2 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when its opponents shoot over 43.1% from the field.
- The Tigers are making 32.9% of their three-point shots this season, 1.3% higher than the 31.6% the Panthers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Clemson is 9-3 overall and 4-7 against the spread when it shoots better than 31.6% from distance.
- Pittsburgh is 8-4 against the spread and 8-4 overall when its opponents shoot better than 32.9% from deep.
- The Panthers are making 32.6% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is just 0.2 percentage points fewer than the 32.8% the Tigers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Pittsburgh has a 7-4 ATS record and is 7-4 straight-up in games when the team makes better than 32.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Clemson is 7-5 ATS and 10-3 overall in games it shoots above 32.6% from deep.
- The Tigers connect on 8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.8 more made shots on average than the 6.2 per game the Panthers allow.
- When Clemson makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 8-5-1 against the spread and 14-1 overall. When Pittsburgh is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 6-3 ATS and 4-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from