The Mississippi State Bulldogs (14-12) are only 1.5-point underdogs as they attempt to build on a three-game road win streak when they visit the Auburn Tigers (12-14) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Auburn Arena. The game airs at 1:00 PM ET on SECN. The matchup has an over/under set at 141 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Tigers’ average implied point total this season is 7.2 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (78.2 implied points on average compared to 71 implied points in this game).
- Auburn has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (71) 18 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Bulldogs (72.2) is 2.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (70).
- Mississippi State has scored more than this game’s implied total of 70 points 14 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Auburn and Mississippi State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Tigers make 43.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.9 percentage points higher than the Bulldogs have allowed to their opponents (39.8%).
- Auburn has a 10-8 straight-up record and a 10-5-2 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 39.8% from the field.
- Mississippi State has a 12-6 record against the spread and a 13-6 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 43.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Bulldogs are shooting 45.5% from the field, 1.7% higher than the 43.8% the Tigers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Mississippi State has compiled a 12-4 record against the spread and a 13-4 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 43.8% from the field.
- Auburn is 9-6-2 against the spread and 10-7 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 45.5% from the field.
- The Tigers shoot 32.4% from deep, 0.7% higher than the 31.7% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Auburn is 6-5 overall and 4-5-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 31.7% from distance.
- Mississippi State has an 11-4 record against the spread while going 10-6 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 32.4% from deep.
- The Bulldogs three-point shooting percentage this season (35%) is 2.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Tigers are averaging (32.8%).
- Mississippi State has a 9-5 ATS record and is 11-3 straight-up when the team makes more than 32.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Auburn has a 5-8-2 ATS record and a 7-10 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35% from three-point range.
- The Tigers connect on 9 three-pointers per game this season, 3.5 more makes per game than the Bulldogs allow (5.5).
- Auburn is 5-6-1 against the spread and 7-7 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Mississippi State is 8-7 ATS and 7-9 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from