The No. 6 West Virginia Mountaineers (18-7) host the No. 17 Oklahoma State Cowboys (17-7) in a matchup of Big 12 teams at WVU Coliseum, starting at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, March 6, 2021. The Cowboys are 7-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 148.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Mountaineers this season is 75.4 points, 2.6 fewer points than their implied total of 78 points in Saturday’s game.
- West Virginia has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (78) 13 times.
- The 75.8-point average implied total on the season for the Cowboys is 4.8 more points than the team’s 71-point implied total in this matchup.
- Oklahoma State has scored more than 71 points 17 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
West Virginia and Oklahoma State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Mountaineers make 42.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is two percentage points higher than the Cowboys have allowed to their opponents (40.9%).
- West Virginia has a 13-3 straight-up record and a 12-4 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 40.9% from the field.
- Oklahoma State is 13-3 overall and 10-5-1 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 42.9% from the field.
- The Cowboys’ 46.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.1 percentage points higher than the Mountaineers have given up to their opponents (44.1%).
- Oklahoma State is 12-4 against the spread and 12-4 overall when it shoots higher than 44.1% from the field.
- When opponents of West Virginia shoot higher than 46.2% from the field, it is 8-8 against the spread and 13-3 overall.
- The Mountaineers shoot 36.7% from deep, 4.5% higher than the 32.2% the Cowboys allow to opponents.
- West Virginia has a 9-7 record against the spread and a 12-4 record overall when the team hits more than 32.2% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Oklahoma State has an 11-4-1 record against the spread while going 13-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 36.7% from deep.
- The Cowboys’ three-point shooting percentage this season (33.9%) is just 1.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Mountaineers are averaging (32.8%).
- Oklahoma State has an 11-4 ATS record and is 12-3 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 32.8% of its three-point attempts.
- West Virginia has an 11-3 straight-up record and a 9-5 ATS record when it has shot better than 33.9% from three-point distance.
- When West Virginia makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 10-4 against the spread and 11-3 overall. When Oklahoma State is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 7-5 ATS and 7-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from