The No. 23 Purdue Boilermakers (17-8) are 7-point favorites as they look to extend a four-game win streak when they host the Indiana Hoosiers (12-13) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Mackey Arena. The game airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN. The over/under is set at 134.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.3 points of each other.
In this game, the model projects a total (138.8 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (134.5 points).
Prediction: Purdue 73, Indiana 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Boilermakers this season is 71.8 points, 0.8 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Saturday’s game.
- Purdue has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (71) 14 times this season.
- The Hoosiers’ average implied point total on the season (73 points) is nine points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- Indiana has scored more than 64 points 18 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Purdue and Indiana Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Boilermakers have a 45.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.6% higher than the 42.5% of shots the Hoosiers’ opponents have made.
- Purdue is 11-4 against the spread and 13-4 overall when it shoots better than 42.5% from the field.
- Indiana is 10-6 overall and 10-4-2 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 45.1% from the field.
- The Hoosiers are shooting 43.8% from the field, 2.5% higher than the 41.3% the Boilermakers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Indiana has an 8-5-1 record against the spread and a 9-6 record overall in games when it shoots higher than 41.3% from the field.
- This season, Purdue has a 10-3 record against the spread and a 13-2 record overall when its opponents shoot greater than 43.8% from the field.
- The Boilermakers are making 33.6% of their three-point shots this season, 0.2% lower than the 33.8% the Hoosiers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Purdue has assembled a 10-2 straight-up record and a 6-4-1 record against the spread in games when the team hits more than 33.8% of its three-point shots this season.
- Indiana has put up an 8-2 straight-up record and gone 7-2-1 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 33.6% from downtown.
- The Hoosiers are hitting 33.7% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only 2.0 percentage points greater than the 31.7% the Boilermakers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Indiana is 9-7 overall and 7-5-2 against the spread when it shoots over 31.7% as a team from three-point distance.
- Purdue is 8-3 ATS and 10-2 overall in games when shooting over 33.7% from deep.
- The Boilermakers’ 7.1 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.1 more made shots on average than the 6 per game the Hoosiers allow.
- Purdue is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Indiana is 3-8-2 ATS and 5-9 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from