The Central Arkansas Sugar Bears (5-18) are underdogs (by 5 points) to break a six-game road losing streak when they visit the Northwestern State Demons (9-17) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 154.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Sugar Bears (+5)
The model favors the Demons by 4.4 points, just 0.6 fewer than the 5-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (152.9 points) marginally lower than the DraftKings over/under (154.5 points).
Prediction: Northwestern State 79, Central Arkansas 74
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Demons this season is 81.9 points, 1.9 more points than their implied total of 80 points in Saturday’s game.
- Northwestern State has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (80) six times this season.
- The Sugar Bears’ average implied point total on the season (82.4 points) is 7.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (75 points).
- Central Arkansas has scored more than this game’s implied total of 75 points nine times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Northwestern State and Central Arkansas Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Demons are shooting 42.9% from the field this season, 2.4 percentage points lower than the 45.3% the Sugar Bears allow to opponents.
- In games when Northwestern State shoots better than 45.3% from the field, it is 7-3 overall and 7-2-1 against the spread.
- Central Arkansas is 3-3 overall and 2-2 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 42.9% from the field.
- The Sugar Bears have shot at a 43.8% rate from the field this season, 3.6 percentage points below the 47.4% shooting opponents of the Demons have averaged.
- Central Arkansas has put together a 5-3 straight up record and a 3-4 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 47.4% from the field.
- Northwestern State is 3-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall in games its opponents shoot above 43.8% from the field.
- The Demons shoot 33.8% from beyond the arc, 2.7% lower than the 36.5% the Sugar Bears allow to opponents.
- Northwestern State is 5-5 overall and 5-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 36.5% from distance.
- Central Arkansas has compiled a 3-4 against the spread while going 2-7 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 33.8% from downtown.
- The Sugar Bears are knocking down 36.3% of their shots from three-point range, which is only 4.3 percentage points greater than the 32% the Demons’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Central Arkansas is 5-9 straight-up and has a 5-7 ATS record when the team makes more than 32% of its three-point attempts.
- Northwestern State has a 7-7 ATS record and a 7-9 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 36.3% from deep.
- Northwestern State is 5-4 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Central Arkansas is 5-12 ATS and 3-14 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from