The No. 10 Villanova Wildcats (16-4) are 4-point favorites as they look to stop a three-game road losing streak when they square off against the Providence Friars (12-12) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Alumni Hall (RI). The contest airs at 2:30 PM ET on FOX. The matchup’s point total is set at 138.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Wildcats this season is 77.2 points, 6.2 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Saturday’s game.
- This season, Villanova has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (71) 15 times.
- The Friars’ average implied point total on the season (72 points) is five points higher than their implied total in this matchup (67 points).
- Providence has totaled more than 67 points 16 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Villanova and Providence Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Wildcats have a 45.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.6% higher than the 43.9% of shots the Friars’ opponents have hit.
- In games when Villanova shoots better than 43.9% from the field, it is 12-0 overall and 7-3 against the spread.
- Providence’s record is 7-4 against the spread and 9-5 overall when its opponents make more than 45.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Friars are shooting 43.4% from the field, 1.7% lower than the 45.1% the Wildcats’ opponents have shot this season.
- Providence has compiled a 5-1 record against the spread and a 6-2 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 45.1% from the field.
- Villanova is 7-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.4% from the field.
- The Wildcats are hitting 36% of their three-point shots this season, 5.8% higher than the 30.2% the Friars allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Villanova has collected a 9-5 record against the spread and a 14-2 straight-up record in games this season when hitting more than 30.2% of its three-point shots.
- Providence is 8-6 against the spread and 8-9 overall when its opponents make more than 36% of their shots from deep.
- The Friars shoot 32.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -3.1 percentage points higher than the Wildcats have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.6%).
- Providence has a 6-2 ATS record and is 5-4 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Villanova has a 9-0 straight-up record and a 7-2 ATS record when it has shot better than 32.5% from three-point range.
- The Wildcats connect on 9.5 three-pointers per game this season, 3.2 more made shots on average than the 6.3 per game the Friars allow.
- Villanova is 7-1 against the spread and 10-0 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Providence is 2-8 ATS and 4-8 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from