The Lamar Cardinals (7-17) will try to extend a three-game winning streak when they hit the road to take on the McNeese Cowboys (10-12) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Burton Coliseum as only 1-point underdogs. The contest airs at 5:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 145 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.5 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
The model’s predicted total (145.8 points) and the DraftKings set total (145 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Prediction: McNeese 74, Lamar 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Cowboys this season is 78.4 points, 5.4 more points than their implied total of 73 points in Saturday’s game.
- McNeese is looking to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (73) for the 14th time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Cardinals (74.8) is 2.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (72).
- Lamar will attempt to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (72) for the fifth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
McNeese and Lamar Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Cowboys have a 49.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 4.1% higher than the 45.7% of shots the Cardinals’ opponents have made.
- In games when McNeese shoots higher than 45.7% from the field, it is 10-7 overall and 6-4 against the spread.
- Lamar is 10-7 against the spread and 6-11 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 49.8% from the field.
- The Cardinals’ 40.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is 4.3 percentage points lower than the Cowboys have allowed to their opponents (45%).
- Lamar is 3-3 overall and 3-3 against the spread when it knocks down more than 45% of its attempts from the field.
- This season, McNeese has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall when its opponents shoot greater than 40.7% from the field.
- The Cowboys’ 39.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cardinals have shot from beyond the arc (38.7%).
- McNeese has a 3-3 record against the spread and a 6-4 record overall when the team connects on more than 38.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Lamar has gone 5-7 overall and has an 8-4 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 39.5% from deep.
- The Cardinals shoot 29.4% from three-point distance this season. That’s 6.6 percentage points lower than the Cowboys have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36%).
- Lamar is 4-3 straight-up and has a 4-3 ATS record when the team makes more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- McNeese has a 1-2 ATS record and a 5-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 29.4% from three-point distance.
- The Cowboys make 8.8 three-pointers per game this season, 4.1 more made shots on average than the 4.7 per game the Cardinals allow.
- The Cowboys are 2-4 against the spread and 7-5 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Cardinals are 7-12 ATS and 3-16 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from