The Texas A&M-CC Islanders (4-19) are 5-point underdogs as they look to stop a four-game losing streak when they visit the Houston Baptist Huskies (5-17) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Sharp Gymnasium. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 146.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects the Huskies to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (6.4 to 5).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 2.1 points higher than the model projection.
Prediction: Houston Baptist 75, Texas A&M-CC 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Huskies have an average implied point total of 84.6 this season, which is 8.6 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (76).
- Houston Baptist has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (76) eight times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Islanders (73.2) is 2.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (71).
- Texas A&M-CC has scored more than 71 points in four games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Houston Baptist and Texas A&M-CC Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Huskies are shooting 43.2% from the field this season, 1.2 percentage points lower than the 44.4% the Islanders allow to opponents.
- In games when Houston Baptist shoots better than 44.4% from the field, it is 4-7 overall and 5-3-1 against the spread.
- Texas A&M-CC is 4-5 overall and 2-3 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 43.2% from the field.
- The Islanders are shooting 41.3% from the field, 5.6% lower than the 46.9% the Huskies’ opponents have shot this season.
- Texas A&M-CC is 1-4 overall and 3-1 against the spread when it hits more than 46.9% of its attempts from the field.
- Houston Baptist is 3-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall in games its opponents shoot above 41.3% from the field.
- The Huskies’ 34.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Islanders have shot from beyond the arc (32.6%).
- Houston Baptist has a 7-2-1 record against the spread and a 4-8 record overall when the team makes more than 32.6% of its three-point shots.
- Texas A&M-CC has gone 4-9 overall and has a 5-4 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.4% from downtown.
- The Islanders shoot 32.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 2.5 percentage points lower than the Huskies have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.9%).
- Texas A&M-CC is 6-3 ATS and 2-8 overall when hitting more than 34.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Houston Baptist has a 7-1 ATS record and a 3-5 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 32.4% of its three-point attempts.
- The Huskies knock down 8.2 three-pointers per game this season, 2.0 more makes per game than the Islanders give up (6.2).
- Houston Baptist has gone 5-2-1 against the spread and 3-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Texas A&M-CC hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 3-7 ATS and 1-10 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from