The SE Louisiana Lions (7-16) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the New Orleans Privateers (8-14) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Lakefront Arena as 8-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 150.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Privateers to walk away with the win, but the model spread (9.2) is 1.2 points further in their direction.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 1.0 point of each other.
Prediction: New Orleans 79, SE Louisiana 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Privateers have an average implied point total of 77.5 this season, which is 1.5 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (79).
- New Orleans has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (79) nine times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Lions (76) is five more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (71).
- SE Louisiana has totaled more than 71 points nine times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
New Orleans and SE Louisiana Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Privateers make 47.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.8 percentage points lower than the Lions have allowed to their opponents (47.9%).
- When New Orleans shoots better than 47.9% from the field, it is 7-1-1 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- SE Louisiana is 3-4 against the spread and 4-5 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 47.1% from the field.
- The Lions’ 39.6% shooting percentage from the field this season is 6.3 percentage points lower than the Privateers have given up to their opponents (45.9%).
- SE Louisiana is 3-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall when shooting better than 45.9% from the field.
- New Orleans is 2-1 against the spread and 3-2 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 39.6% from the field.
- The Privateers’ 32.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is 3.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Lions have shot from beyond the arc (36.6%).
- New Orleans is 4-4 overall and 5-2-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 36.6% from distance.
- SE Louisiana is 3-3 overall and 3-2 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 32.8% from deep.
- The Lions shoot 29.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 2.3 percentage points lower than the Privateers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32%).
- SE Louisiana is 5-3 against the spread and 4-5 overall when shooting over 32% as a team from three-point range.
- New Orleans has a 3-3 ATS record and a 4-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 29.7% from three-point distance.
- The Privateers connect on 5.5 three-pointers per game this season, 1.3 fewer made shots on average than the 6.8 per game the Lions allow.
- When SE Louisiana makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 6-2 against the spread and 5-4 overall. When New Orleans is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 3-5-1 ATS and 4-7 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from