The Texas Southern Tigers (12-8) are 6-point favorites as they look to continue a five-game winning streak when they host the Southern Jaguars (8-9) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at H&PE Arena. The matchup airs at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 143.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.0 points of each other).
In this game, the model projects a total (141.0 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (143.5 points).
Prediction: Texas Southern 74, Southern 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Tigers have an average implied point total of 77.8 this season, which is 2.8 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (75).
- This season, Texas Southern has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (75) 10 times.
- The Jaguars’ average implied point total on the season (73.5 points) is 4.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- Southern has scored more than 69 points in 10 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas Southern and Southern Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Tigers make 45% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.6 percentage points higher than the Jaguars have allowed to their opponents (41.4%).
- When Texas Southern shoots higher than 41.4% from the field, it is 3-9-2 against the spread and 11-5 overall.
- Southern is 6-6 against the spread and 8-5 overall when its opponents shoot better than 45% from the field.
- The Jaguars’ 43.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is three percentage points higher than the Tigers have given up to their opponents (40.2%).
- This season, Southern has a 6-4 record against the spread and a 7-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 40.2% from the field.
- This season, Texas Southern has an 8-2 straight up record and a 4-5 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 43.2% from the field.
- The Tigers are hitting 27.9% of their three-point shots this season, 4.9% lower than the 32.8% the Jaguars allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Texas Southern has put together a 1-5-1 record against the spread and a 3-5 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 32.8% of its three-point shots.
- Southern has a 2-3 record against the spread while going 3-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 27.9% from downtown.
- The Jaguars’ three-point shooting percentage this season (32.8%) is just 0.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Tigers are averaging (32%).
- Southern’s record is 7-3 ATS and 6-4 overall when the team makes more than 32% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas Southern is 7-2 overall and 5-3 ATS in games it shoots above 32.8% from deep.
- Southern has gone 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Texas Southern hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 3-7-1 ATS and 7-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from