The Xavier Musketeers (13-6) are slight underdogs (by 2 points) to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Marquette Golden Eagles (12-13) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 144 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Golden Eagles this season is 71.5 points, 1.5 fewer points than their implied total of 73 points in Saturday’s game.
- Marquette has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (73) 11 times.
- The 75.2-point average implied total on the season for the Musketeers is 4.2 more points than the team’s 71-point implied total in this matchup.
- Xavier has scored more than 71 points 11 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Marquette and Xavier Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Golden Eagles make 44.8% of their shots from the field this season, which is four percentage points higher than the Musketeers have allowed to their opponents (40.8%).
- Marquette is 8-9-1 against the spread and 11-7 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 40.8% from the field.
- Xavier’s record is 8-5 against the spread and 10-3 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 44.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Musketeers have shot at a 46.1% rate from the field this season, 4.6 percentage points above the 41.5% shooting opponents of the Golden Eagles have averaged.
- Xavier is 11-2 overall and 8-4 against the spread when it knocks down more than 41.5% of its attempts from the field.
- When Marquette’s opponents shoot greater than 46.1% from the field, it is 6-10-1 against the spread and 11-8 overall.
- The Golden Eagles shoot 33% from three-point range, 0.6% lower than the 33.6% the Musketeers allow to opponents.
- Marquette has collected a 5-6 record against the spread and an 8-4 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 33.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Xavier has put together an 8-2 straight-up record and gone 8-1 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 33% from three-point range.
- The Musketeers are making 33% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 2.1 percentage points fewer than the 35.1% the Golden Eagles’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Xavier is 6-1 ATS and 6-1 overall when hitting more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Marquette has an 8-6 straight-up record and a 5-7-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 33% from three-point distance.
- The Golden Eagles make 6.8 three-pointers per game this season, only one fewer make per game than the Musketeers allow (7.8).
- Xavier is 6-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Marquette is 4-10 ATS and 6-10 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from