A game after he put up 39 points in an 89-77 loss to North Dakota State, Stanley Umude leads the South Dakota Coyotes (13-10) at home against the Western Illinois Leathernecks (7-14) as 8.5-point favorites. The matchup, which tips off at 9:45 PM ET on Saturday, March 6, 2021, airs on ESPN+. The over/under for the matchup is set at 156.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 6, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Coyotes’ average implied point total this season is 6.5 fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (75.5 implied points on average compared to 82 implied points in this game).
- South Dakota has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (82) seven times.
- The Leathernecks’ average implied point total on the season (78.7 points) is 4.7 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (74 points).
- Western Illinois has put up more than 74 points in 12 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
South Dakota and Western Illinois Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Coyotes have a 46.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.6% lower than the 46.9% of shots the Leathernecks’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when South Dakota shoots better than 46.9% from the field, it is 9-3 overall and 6-5 against the spread.
- Western Illinois is 6-3 overall and 8-0 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 46.3% from the field.
- The Leathernecks’ 40.6% shooting percentage from the field this season is 1.6 percentage points lower than the Coyotes have allowed to their opponents (42.2%).
- Western Illinois has compiled a 7-1-1 record against the spread and a 6-4 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 42.2% from the field.
- When South Dakota’s opponents hit better than 40.6% from the field, it is 6-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- The Coyotes are making 38.5% of their three-point shots this season, 0.6% lower than the 39.1% the Leathernecks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- South Dakota has assembled a 4-5-1 record against the spread and a 7-3 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 39.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Western Illinois is 5-2 against the spread while putting up a 3-6 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 38.5% of their shots from three-point range.
- The Leathernecks shoot 31.9% from three-point distance this season. That’s 3.7 percentage points lower than the Coyotes have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.6%).
- Western Illinois has a 6-1 ATS record and is 2-5 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.6% of its three-point attempts.
- South Dakota has a 6-4 straight-up record and a 5-4 ATS record when it has shot better than 31.9% from three-point range.
- South Dakota has gone 4-4 against the spread and 6-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Western Illinois hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-5 ATS and 4-7 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from