The Buffalo Bulls (13-7) will attempt to extend a four-game winning streak when they host the Kent State Golden Flashes (15-6) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at Alumni Arena as 5.5-point favorites. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup’s point total is 155.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The Bulls are the bet in this contest. They’re favored by 3.0 more points in the model than DraftKings (8.5 to 5.5).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 2.5 points higher than the model projection.
Prediction: Buffalo 80, Kent State 72
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bulls’ average implied point total this season is 1.3 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (81.3 implied points on average compared to 80 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Buffalo has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (80) 13 times.
- The Golden Flashes’ average implied point total on the season (77.9 points) is 2.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (75 points).
- Kent State is trying to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (75) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Buffalo and Kent State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Bulls have a 46.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 5.1% higher than the 41.3% of shots the Golden Flashes’ opponents have hit.
- In games when Buffalo shoots better than 41.3% from the field, it is 12-5 overall and 11-5 against the spread.
- Kent State is 15-2 overall and 9-6-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 46.4% from the field.
- The Golden Flashes are shooting 44.8% from the field, 3.6% higher than the 41.2% the Bulls’ opponents have shot this season.
- Kent State is 14-2 overall and 9-5-1 against the spread when it hits more than 41.2% of its attempts from the field.
- When opponents of Buffalo shoot over 44.8% from the field, it is 11-3 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- The Bulls’ 32.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Golden Flashes have shot from beyond the arc (34.1%).
- Buffalo is 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it shoots better than 34.1% from distance.
- Kent State has put up an 8-2 straight-up record and gone 5-3-1 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 32.5% from beyond the arc.
- The Golden Flashes’ three-point shooting percentage this season (33.3%) is only 5.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Bulls are averaging (28.1%).
- Kent State’s record is 10-4-1 ATS and 13-3 overall when the team hits more than 28.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Buffalo has a 9-4 ATS record and a 10-4 straight-up record in games this season when it knocks down more than 33.3% of its three-point attempts.
- The Bulls connect on 6.8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer made shots on average than the 8.2 per game the Golden Flashes give up.
- Kent State is 6-1-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Buffalo is 1-4 ATS and 4-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from