The Miami (FL) Hurricanes (7-16) will attempt to stop a six-game losing streak when they host the Boston College Eagles (4-14) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at Watsco Center as 3.5-point favorites. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET on ACCN. The point total for the matchup is set at 147.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Hurricanes by 2.1 points, just 1.4 fewer than the 3.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 3.7 points higher than the model projection.
Prediction: Miami (FL) 73, Boston College 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Hurricanes this season is 72.2 points, 3.8 fewer points than their implied total of 76 points in Friday’s game.
- Miami (FL) has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (76) six times this season.
- The 77.1-point average implied total on the season for the Eagles is 5.1 more points than the team’s 72-point implied total in this matchup.
- Boston College has scored more than this game’s implied total of 72 points seven times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Miami (FL) and Boston College Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hurricanes make 41.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 7.7 percentage points lower than the Eagles have allowed to their opponents (49.6%).
- Miami (FL) has a 1-1 straight-up record and a 2-0 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 49.6% from the field.
- Boston College is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 41.9% from the field.
- The Eagles are shooting 42.5% from the field, 2.3% lower than the 44.8% the Hurricanes’ opponents have shot this season.
- Boston College is 5-2 against the spread and 3-4 overall when shooting higher than 44.8% from the field.
- Miami (FL) is 4-3 against the spread and 4-4 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 42.5% from the field.
- The Hurricanes are knocking down 29.4% of their three-point shots this season, 5.2% lower than the 34.6% the Eagles allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Miami (FL) has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 4-5 record overall when the team makes more than 34.6% of its shots from three-point range.
- Boston College has gone 3-4 overall and has a 4-3 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 29.4% from deep.
- The Eagles shoot 34.2% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 2.9 percentage points lower than the Hurricanes have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.1%).
- Boston College is 2-4 overall and 4-2 against the spread when it shoots above 37.1% as a team from three-point distance.
- Miami (FL) is 3-3 ATS and 4-2 overall in games it shoots over 34.2% from deep.
- The Hurricanes’ 5.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.9 fewer made shots on average than the 9.5 per game the Eagles allow.
- The Eagles are 7-5 against the spread and 4-9 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Hurricanes are 7-11 ATS and 5-14 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from