A game after he put up 30 points in an 82-73 loss to Georgia State, John Pettway leads the South Alabama Jaguars (16-10) at home against the UL Monroe Warhawks (7-18) on Friday, March 5, 2021. The Jaguars are favored by 5 points in the matchup, which airs at 6:30 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is set at 133.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Jaguars this season is 71.5 points, 2.5 more points than their implied total of 69 points in Friday’s game.
- This season, South Alabama has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (69) 19 times.
- The Warhawks’ average implied point total on the season (69.9 points) is 5.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- UL Monroe has put up more than 64 points 11 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
South Alabama and UL Monroe Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Jaguars are shooting 44.3% from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points higher than the 43.6% the Warhawks allow to opponents.
- In games when South Alabama shoots better than 43.6% from the field, it is 8-5 overall and 2-6 against the spread.
- UL Monroe’s record is 6-8 overall and 9-4 against the spread when its opponents make more than 44.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Warhawks are shooting 41.8% from the field, 0.8% higher than the 41% the Jaguars’ opponents have shot this season.
- UL Monroe has an 8-3-1 record against the spread and a 6-7 record overall in games when it shoots above 41% from the field.
- South Alabama is 8-4 against the spread and 10-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 41.8% from the field.
- The Jaguars are making 36.3% of their three-point shots this season, 0.2% higher than the 36.1% the Warhawks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- South Alabama is 7-4 overall and 3-5 against the spread when it shoots better than 36.1% from distance.
- UL Monroe is 9-3 against the spread while putting together a 5-9 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 36.3% of their shots from three-point distance.
- The Warhawks shoot 34.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 0.8 percentage points higher than the Jaguars have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.7%).
- UL Monroe is 6-5 straight-up and has a 7-2-1 ATS record when the team hits more than 33.7% of its three-point attempts.
- South Alabama has a 9-2 ATS record and a 12-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.5% from deep.
- The Jaguars knock down 9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.5 more makes per game than the Warhawks allow (7.5).
- South Alabama is 9-0 against the spread and 10-1 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while UL Monroe is 3-5 ATS and 1-8 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from