The Northern Iowa Panthers (10-15) are 6.5-point underdogs as they try to extend a three-game winning streak when they visit the Drake Bulldogs (24-3) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at Enterprise Center. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total for the matchup is set at 139.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 1:19 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Bulldogs favored by 6.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (10.1 points). Put your money on the Bulldogs.
In this game, the model projects a total (141.0 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (139.5 points).
Prediction: Drake 76, Northern Iowa 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bulldogs’ average implied point total this season is 1.4 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (74.4 implied points on average compared to 73 implied points in this game).
- Drake will attempt to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (73) for the 21st time this season.
- The 71.8-point average implied total on the season for the Panthers is 4.8 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- Northern Iowa has scored more than 67 points 15 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Drake and Northern Iowa Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bulldogs are shooting 49.8% from the field this season, 4.5 percentage points higher than the 45.3% the Panthers allow to opponents.
- Drake is 16-1 against the spread and 20-0 overall when it shoots better than 45.3% from the field.
- Northern Iowa’s record is 6-12 against the spread and 10-10 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 49.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Panthers are shooting 44.4% from the field, 2.8% higher than the 41.6% the Bulldogs’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Northern Iowa has a 6-11 record against the spread and a 10-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 41.6% from the field.
- Drake is 15-2 against the spread and 19-1 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 44.4% from the field.
- The Bulldogs shoot 37.3% from beyond the arc, 4.5% higher than the 32.8% the Panthers allow to opponents.
- Drake has assembled a 14-1 record against the spread and a 17-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 32.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Northern Iowa is 5-8 against the spread while putting together an 8-7 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 37.3% from three-point range.
- The Panthers shoot 32.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 2.0 percentage points higher than the Bulldogs have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (30.7%).
- Northern Iowa is 4-6 against the spread and 7-5 overall when it shoots over 30.7% as a team from deep.
- Drake is 15-2 overall and 14-2 ATS in games it shoots above 32.7% from deep.
- Northern Iowa has gone 2-5 against the spread and 5-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Drake hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 5-5 ATS and 8-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from