The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (5-16) are expected to extend a five-game losing streak when they visit the Florida Atlantic Owls (11-9) as 10-point underdogs at 6:00 PM ET on Friday, March 5, 2021 at FAU Arena. The matchup has an over/under set at 138 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 1:19 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Blue Raiders (+10)
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.2 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
The DraftKings total for this game, 138 points, and the model’s projected total, 137.7 points, are only 0.3 points apart.
Prediction: Florida Atlantic 74, Middle Tennessee 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Owls have an average implied point total of 70.9 this season, which is 3.1 points lower than their implied total in Friday’s game (74).
- Florida Atlantic has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (74) 10 times this season.
- The Blue Raiders’ average implied point total on the season (71.9 points) is 7.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- Middle Tennessee is attempting to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (64) for the ninth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Florida Atlantic and Middle Tennessee Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 10+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Owls have a 46.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.3% lower than the 47% of shots the Blue Raiders’ opponents have made.
- Florida Atlantic is 5-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall in games when it shoots higher than 47% from the field.
- Middle Tennessee is 4-5 against the spread and 4-6 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 46.7% from the field.
- The Blue Raiders’ 39.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.3 percentage points lower than the Owls have given up to their opponents (41.7%).
- This season, Middle Tennessee has a 4-5 record overall and a 6-3 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots higher than 41.7% from the field.
- When Florida Atlantic’s opponents shoot over 39.4% from the field, it is 4-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- The Owls’ 38% three-point shooting percentage this season is 6.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Blue Raiders have shot from beyond the arc (31.1%).
- Florida Atlantic has put together an 8-1-1 record against the spread and an 11-3 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 31.1% of its three-point shots.
- Middle Tennessee has put up a 7-9 against the spread while going 5-13 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 38% from downtown.
- The Blue Raiders’ three-point shooting percentage this season (32.7%) is just 2.1 percentage points lower than opponents of the Owls are averaging (34.8%).
- Middle Tennessee is 2-7 overall and 4-5 against the spread when it shoots over 34.8% as a team from three-point distance.
- Florida Atlantic has a 4-2 ATS record and a 6-2 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 32.7% from three-point range.
- The Owls’ 9.8 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.2 more made shots on average than the 7.6 per game the Blue Raiders allow.
- Florida Atlantic has gone 6-3-1 against the spread and 9-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Middle Tennessee makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 0-4 ATS and 0-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from