MAAC opponents meet when the Manhattan Jaspers (7-11) host the Fairfield Stags (6-16) at Draddy Gymnasium, tipping off at 6:00 PM ET on Friday, March 5, 2021. The Stags are 4.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 124 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 1:19 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Jaspers taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (3.8 points). Lean towards taking the Stags.
In this game, the model projects a total (129.9 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (124 points).
Prediction: Manhattan 67, Fairfield 63
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Jaspers this season is 66.5 points, 2.5 more points than their implied total of 64 points in Friday’s game.
- Manhattan has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (64) 11 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Stags (67.5) is 7.5 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (60).
- Fairfield has scored more than this game’s implied total of 60 points 13 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Manhattan and Fairfield Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Jaspers make 37.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 7.6 percentage points lower than the Stags have allowed to their opponents (45.2%).
- In games when Manhattan shoots better than 45.2% from the field, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- Fairfield’s record is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when its opponents make more than 37.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Stags’ 39.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.8 percentage points lower than the Jaspers have allowed to their opponents (42.5%).
- Fairfield is 3-1 overall and 3-0 against the spread when it shoots higher than 42.5% from the field.
- This season, Manhattan has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-2 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 39.7% from the field.
- The Jaspers are hitting 27.3% of their three-point shots this season, 7% lower than the 34.3% the Stags allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Manhattan has assembled a 4-0 straight-up record and a 3-0 record against the spread in games when the team connects on more than 34.3% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Fairfield has a 3-1 record against the spread while going 5-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 27.3% from downtown.
- The Stags shoot 30.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 1.8 percentage points lower than the Jaspers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.5%).
- Fairfield is 1-7 overall and 1-3 against the spread when it shoots over 32.5% as a team from three-point distance.
- Manhattan is 3-3 ATS and 4-5 overall in games it shoots over 30.7% from deep.
- The Jaspers are 5-3 against the spread and 7-6 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Stags are 3-8 ATS and 2-12 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from