The Florida Gulf Coast Eagles (10-7) hit the road in ASUN play against the North Alabama Lions (12-10) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Eagles are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the third matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is 137.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 1:20 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Eagles taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (1.7 points). Lean towards taking the Lions.
The model’s predicted total (137.0 points) and the DraftKings set total (137 points) are the same for this contest.
Prediction: FGCU 69, North Alabama 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Eagles this season is 70.5 points, 0.5 more points than their implied total of 70 points in Friday’s game.
- FGCU has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (70) six times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Lions (73.2) is 6.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (67).
- North Alabama is aiming to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (67) for the 12th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
FGCU and North Alabama Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Eagles make 42.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.3 percentage points higher than the Lions have allowed to their opponents (41.3%).
- FGCU is 5-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall when it shoots better than 41.3% from the field.
- North Alabama is 9-2 overall and 5-3 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 42.6% from the field.
- The Lions have shot at a 42.1% rate from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points greater than the 41.4% shooting opponents of the Eagles have averaged.
- This season, North Alabama has a 7-3 record against the spread and an 11-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 41.4% from the field.
- When FGCU’s opponents hit better than 42.1% from the field, it is 5-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- The Eagles shoot 29.3% from beyond the arc, 4.7% lower than the 34% the Lions allow to opponents.
- FGCU is 2-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it shoots better than 34% from distance.
- North Alabama has a 3-2 record against the spread while going 6-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 29.3% from downtown.
- The Lions’ three-point shooting percentage this season (32.6%) is only 2.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Eagles are averaging (30.2%).
- North Alabama has a 6-4 ATS record and is 10-4 straight-up when the team hits more than 30.2% of its three-point attempts.
- FGCU is 8-1 overall and 7-1 ATS in games it shoots above 32.6% from deep.
- The Eagles are 6-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Lions are 3-8 ATS and 4-8 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from