The Siena Saints (12-3) are favored (-6) to build on a four-game winning streak when they host the Canisius Golden Griffins (6-5) at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, March 5, 2021 at Times Union Center. The game airs on ESPN3. The matchup has an over/under of 140.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 1:20 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects the Saints to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (7.0 to 6).
In this game, the model projects a total (135.2 points) marginally lower than the DraftKings over/under (140.5 points).
Prediction: Siena 71, Canisius 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Saints have an average implied point total of 68.2 this season, which is 4.8 points lower than their implied total in Friday’s game (73).
- Siena has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (73) eight times this season.
- The 71.3-point average implied total on the season for the Golden Griffins is 4.3 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Canisius has scored more than this game’s implied total of 67 points six times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Siena and Canisius Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Saints have a 45.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.2% higher than the 44.2% of shots the Golden Griffins’ opponents have hit.
- Siena has a 2-4 record against the spread and a 7-1 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 44.2% from the field.
- Canisius is 3-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.4% from the field.
- The Golden Griffins have shot at a 40% clip from the field this season, 1.3 percentage points below the 41.3% shooting opponents of the Saints have averaged.
- This season, Canisius has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 41.3% from the field.
- This season, Siena has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 40% from the field.
- The Saints’ 35% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Golden Griffins have shot from beyond the arc (33.8%).
- Siena is 9-1 overall and 3-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 33.8% from distance.
- Canisius is 2-2 against the spread while putting together a 4-3 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 35% from downtown.
- The Golden Griffins shoot 29.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 3.3 percentage points lower than the Saints have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.1%).
- Canisius is 3-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall when shooting over 33.1% as a team from three-point range.
- Siena has a 3-1 ATS record and a 6-0 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 29.8% of its three-point shots.
- When Canisius makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-2 against the spread and 5-3 overall. When Siena is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 0-2 ATS and 2-1 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from