The Jacksonville State Gamecocks (18-8) will attempt to continue a four-game winning streak when they visit the Belmont Bruins (25-3) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at Ford Center as 7-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The over/under is 146.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 1:21 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects the Bruins to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (7.6 to 7).
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.2 points of each other.
Prediction: Belmont 77, Jacksonville State 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Bruins this season is 80.4 points, 3.4 more points than their implied total of 77 points in Friday’s game.
- Belmont has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (77) 20 times this season.
- The Gamecocks’ average implied point total on the season (72.8 points) is 2.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (70 points).
- Jacksonville State has scored more than 70 points 17 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Belmont and Jacksonville State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bruins are shooting 49.2% from the field this season, 8.1 percentage points higher than the 41.1% the Gamecocks allow to opponents.
- Belmont has a 17-6 record against the spread and a 24-0 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 41.1% from the field.
- Jacksonville State is 12-6-1 against the spread and 15-7 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 49.2% from the field.
- The Gamecocks are shooting 46.3% from the field, 4% higher than the 42.3% the Bruins’ opponents have shot this season.
- Jacksonville State has compiled a 10-6 record against the spread and a 15-4 record overall in games when it shoots better than 42.3% from the field.
- Belmont is 13-8 against the spread and 21-1 overall in games its opponents shoot above 46.3% from the field.
- The Bruins’ 34.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Gamecocks have shot from deep (32.9%).
- Belmont has assembled a 12-4 record against the spread and a 16-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 32.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Jacksonville State is 8-3-1 against the spread and 9-5 overall when its opponents hit more than 34.4% of their shots from deep.
- The Gamecocks are hitting 36% of their shots from deep, which is 2.1 percentage points higher than the 33.9% the Bruins’ are averaging on the season.
- Jacksonville State has a 10-4 ATS record and is 14-3 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 33.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Belmont is 9-6 ATS and 14-2 overall in games when shooting over 36% from deep.
- Belmont has gone 12-3 against the spread and 15-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Jacksonville State hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-5-1 ATS and 8-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from