The San Francisco Dons (11-13) hit the road in WCC action against the Loyola Marymount Lions (12-8) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The Dons are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the third matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 138 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 5, 2021, 1:21 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Dons by 0.6 points, just 0.9 fewer than the 1.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total 2.2 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: San Francisco 71, Loyola Marymount (CA) 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Dons this season is 75.9 points, 5.9 more points than their implied total of 70 points in Friday’s game.
- So far this season, San Francisco has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (70) 11 times.
- The Lions’ average implied point total on the season (73.2 points) is 5.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (68 points).
- Loyola Marymount (CA) has put up more than 68 points in 15 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
San Francisco and Loyola Marymount (CA) Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Dons make 42.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.9 percentage points lower than the Lions have allowed to their opponents (44.6%).
- San Francisco is 6-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games when it shoots higher than 44.6% from the field.
- Loyola Marymount (CA) is 7-1 overall and 5-2 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 42.7% from the field.
- The Lions are shooting 44.8% from the field, 0.1% higher than the 44.7% the Dons’ opponents have shot this season.
- Loyola Marymount (CA) is 10-1 overall and 7-3 against the spread when it makes more than 44.7% of its attempts from the field.
- San Francisco is 8-2 against the spread and 9-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44.8% from the field.
- The Dons’ 33.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is only one percentage point lower than opponents of the Lions have shot from beyond the arc (34.9%).
- San Francisco is 7-3 overall and 5-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 34.9% from distance.
- Loyola Marymount (CA) has gone 9-4 overall and has a 7-5 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 33.9% from downtown.
- The Lions shoot 33.9% from three-point distance this season. That’s only 1.5 percentage points higher than the Dons have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.4%).
- Loyola Marymount (CA) is 8-3 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 32.4% as a team from three-point range.
- San Francisco has a 10-5 straight-up record and a 7-7 ATS record when it has shot better than 33.9% from three-point distance.
- The Dons knock down 10.2 three-pointers per game this season, 3.6 more made shots on average than the 6.6 per game the Lions give up.
- San Francisco is 9-11 against the spread and 11-10 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Loyola Marymount (CA) is 3-5-1 ATS and 4-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from