The Delaware State Hornets (2-15) are expected to extend a three-game losing streak when they host the Morgan State Bears (11-6) as 12-point underdogs at 3:00 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at Memorial Hall (Dover, DE). The point total is set at 157 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 4, 2021, 1:17 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Bears to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (13.0) is 1.0 point further in their direction.
The model predicts a total 1.8 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Morgan State 84, Delaware State 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Bears this season is 77.1 points, 7.9 fewer points than their implied total of 85 points in Thursday’s game.
- Morgan State has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (85) six times this season.
- The 84.4-point average implied total on the season for the Hornets is 11.4 more points than the team’s 73-point implied total in this matchup.
- Delaware State is looking to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (73) for the ninth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Morgan State and Delaware State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 12+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bears make 43.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.3 percentage points lower than the Hornets have allowed to their opponents (47.2%).
- In games when Morgan State shoots better than 47.2% from the field, it is 3-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- Delaware State is 2-5 overall and 3-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 43.9% from the field.
- The Hornets are shooting 38.4% from the field, 4.2% lower than the 42.6% the Bears’ opponents have shot this season.
- Delaware State is 1-5 overall and 2-3 against the spread when it shoots higher than 42.6% from the field.
- This season, Morgan State has a 2-0 straight up record and a 1-0 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 38.4% from the field.
- The Bears are hitting 34% of their three-point shots this season, 0.6% lower than the 34.6% the Hornets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Morgan State is 5-3 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 34.6% from distance.
- Delaware State is 2-7 overall and 4-2 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 34% from deep.
- The Hornets three-point shooting percentage this season (30.2%) is 2.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Bears are averaging (32.4%).
- Delaware State is 3-4 against the spread and 1-8 overall when it shoots above 32.4% as a team from deep.
- Morgan State has a 3-1 ATS record and a 7-1 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 30.2% from three-point range.
- Morgan State is 4-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Delaware State is 2-7 ATS and 0-9 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from