The North Carolina Central Eagles (4-8) are favored (-3.5) to end a five-game losing streak when they host the Florida A&M Rattlers (8-10) at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at McDougald-McLendon Arena. The contest airs on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is 130.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 4, 2021, 1:18 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model line is much more favorable to the Rattlers compared to the DraftKings line, a 3.6 point difference, and has them favored to win Thursday’s game outright. Put your money on the Rattlers.
In this game, the model projects a total (134.5 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (130 points).
Prediction: Florida A&M 68, North Carolina Central 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Eagles have an average implied point total of 75.1 this season, which is 8.1 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (67).
- North Carolina Central has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (67) six times this season.
- The 75.4-point average implied total on the season for the Rattlers is 12.4 more points than the team’s 63-point implied total in this matchup.
- Florida A&M has scored more than 63 points 12 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
North Carolina Central and Florida A&M Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Eagles have a 42.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.2% lower than the 42.5% of shots the Rattlers’ opponents have made.
- North Carolina Central is 2-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it shoots higher than 42.5% from the field.
- Florida A&M has gone 6-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 42.3% from the field.
- The Rattlers’ 43.9% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.4 percentage points lower than the Eagles have allowed to their opponents (44.3%).
- This season, Florida A&M has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 44.3% from the field.
- This season, North Carolina Central has a 1-3 record against the spread and a 0-4 record overall when its opponents shoot over 43.9% from the field.
- The Eagles shoot 34% from beyond the arc, 6.5% higher than the 27.5% the Rattlers allow to opponents.
- North Carolina Central has assembled a 4-4 straight-up record and a 3-4 record against the spread in games when the team hits more than 27.5% of its three-point shots this season.
- Florida A&M has put up an 8-6 against the spread while going 7-7 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34% from deep.
- The Rattlers shoot 31.1% from three-point distance this season. That’s -0.2 percentage points higher than the Eagles have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (31.3%).
- Florida A&M is 4-7 straight-up and has a 5-5 ATS record when the team makes more than 31.3% of its three-point attempts.
- North Carolina Central has a 2-4 ATS record and a 2-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 31.1% from downtown.
- The Eagles knock down 7 three-pointers per game this season, 2.4 more makes per game than the Rattlers allow (4.6).
- The Eagles are 2-4 against the spread and 4-3 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Rattlers are 7-4 ATS and 5-7 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from