Norman Powell leads the Toronto Raptors (17-18) into a matchup with the Boston Celtics (18-16) after putting up 36 points in a 129-105 loss to the Pistons. The Celtics are 8-point favorites in the game on Thursday, March 4, 2021, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The matchup has a point total of 220.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 4, 2021, 12:07 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Raptors Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 4
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Romeo Langford: Out (Wrist)
Fred VanVleet: Day To Day (Health Protocols),
OG Anunoby: Day To Day (Health Protocols),
Pascal Siakam: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Malachi Flynn: Day To Day (Health and safety protocols),
Patrick McCaw: Day To Day (Health and safety protocols)
|Spread Pick||Raptors (+8)|
|Total Pick||Over (220)|
|Prediction||Celtics 113, Raptors 110|
The Celtics are favored by both DraftKings and the model, but the model has them winning by significantly less (8 to 3.6 points). Take the Raptors and the points.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 2.7 points lower than the model projection.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 35.5, 0.7 lower than his season average of 36.2.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 1.4 lower than his season average of 21.9.
- Kemba Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- Smart’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
Raptors Key Players
Raptors Player Props
- Pascal Siakam’s rebounding prop total for the game is set at 7.5 rebounds, equal to his season average of 7.5.
- Kyle Lowry’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 33.5, 3.1 greater than his season average of 30.4.
- Fred VanVleet’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- VanVleet’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals lower than his season average of 1.7.
- The Celtics are shooting 46.5% from the field this season, 1.1 percentage points higher than the 45.4% the Raptors allow to opponents.
- Boston has a 15-8 record against the spread and a 16-7 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 45.4% from the field.
- Toronto’s record is 13-8 against the spread and 13-8 overall when its opponents make more than 46.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Raptors are shooting 45.2% from the field, 1.6% lower than the 46.8% the Celtics’ opponents have shot this season.
- Toronto is 9-4 against the spread and 9-4 overall when it shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- This season, Boston has a 9-4 record against the spread and a 9-4 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 45.2% from the field.
- The Celtics shoot 37.3% from three-point range, 0.3% lower than the 37.6% the Raptors allow to opponents.
- Boston is 13-5 against the spread and 14-4 overall when it shoots better than 37.6% from distance.
- Toronto has put up a 13-4 against the spread while going 12-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 37.3% from downtown.
- The Raptors are hitting 38.2% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 2.3 percentage points greater than the 35.9% the Celtics’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Toronto has a 12-9 ATS record and is 13-8 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston has a 12-11 ATS record and a 12-11 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 38.2% from three-point distance.
- The Celtics knock down 12.3 three-pointers per game this season, three fewer made shots on average than the 15.3 per game the Raptors give up.
- Toronto has gone 13-7 against the spread and 14-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Boston hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 7-9 ATS and 7-9 straight up.
- The Raptors are the fourth-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Celtics allow the eighth-fewest makes from deep.
Celtics vs Raptors Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Raptors AVG||Raptors Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from