Atlantic Division foes square off when the New York Knicks (18-18) host the Detroit Pistons (10-25) at Madison Square Garden, beginning at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021. The Knicks are 7-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has a point total of 208.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 4, 2021, 12:07 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Knicks vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 4
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Hand),
Derrick Rose: Day To Day (Health Protocols),
Elfrid Payton: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Taj Gibson: Day To Day (Ankle)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Jerami Grant: Day To Day (Quad),
Delon Wright: Out (Right Adductor),
Frank Jackson: Day To Day (Illness),
Josh Jackson: Day To Day (Illness),
Blake Griffin: Out (Not with Team),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
|Spread Pick||Pistons (+7)|
|Total Pick||Over (208)|
|Prediction||Knicks 110, Pistons 104|
The model and FanDuel both have the Knicks taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (5.9 points). Lean towards taking the Pistons.
The FanDuel point total for this game is just 6.5 points lower than the model projection.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Julius Randle’s rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 10.5 rebounds, 0.4 rebounds less than his season average of 10.9.
- Alec Burks’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 shots lower than his season average of 1.9.
- Nerlens Noel’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 blocks higher than his season average of 2.0.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Mason Plumlee’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 27.5, 4.3 greater than his season average of 23.2.
- Wayne Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Isaiah Stewart’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
- The Knicks make 45.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.6 percentage points lower than the Pistons have allowed to their opponents (47.9%).
- New York is 12-2 against the spread and 12-2 overall when it shoots higher than 47.9% from the field.
- Detroit has a 4-7 record against the spread and a 5-7 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 45.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons are shooting 44% from the field, -0.6% lower than the 43.4% the Knicks’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Detroit has an 11-5-1 record against the spread and a 7-12 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 43.4% from the field.
- New York is 15-4 against the spread and 14-5 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 44% from the field.
- The Knicks are hitting 37.3% of their three-point shots this season, 0.3% lower than the 37.6% the Pistons allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- New York has collected a 13-4-1 record against the spread and a 12-6 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 37.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Detroit has put up a 7-7 against the spread while going 7-9 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 37.3% from downtown.
- The Pistons shoot 35.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -2.2 percentage points lower than the Knicks have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.9%).
- Detroit has an 11-6-2 ATS record and is 6-14 straight-up when the team makes more than 32.9% of its three-point attempts.
- New York is 14-7 ATS and 14-7 overall in games it shoots over 35.1% from deep.
- The Knicks’ 10.4 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.2 fewer made shots on average than the 12.6 per game the Pistons give up.
- Detroit has gone 11-7-1 against the spread and 7-13 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New York hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 9-13 ATS and 7-15 straight up.
- The Pistons rank 16th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Knicks give up the ninth-fewest made threes in the league.
Knicks vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Knicks Rank||Knicks AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from