A game after he went off for 28 points in an 86-75 win over Rhode Island, Marcus Weathers leads the Duquesne Dukes (8-8) on the road against the Richmond Spiders (13-7) on Thursday, March 4, 2021. The Dukes are underdogs by 5.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 11:00 AM ET on NBCS. The matchup’s point total is set at 141.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 4, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Spiders favored by 5.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (6.1 points).
The model projects a total 1.7 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Richmond 73, Duquesne 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Spiders this season is 76.3 points, 2.3 more points than their implied total of 74 points in Thursday’s game.
- Richmond has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (74) 14 times this season.
- The Dukes’ average implied point total on the season (71.2 points) is 3.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (68 points).
- Duquesne has scored more than 68 points in eight games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Richmond and Duquesne Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Spiders have a 48% shooting percentage from the field, which is 6.4% higher than the 41.6% of shots the Dukes’ opponents have hit.
- Richmond is 9-6-1 against the spread and 13-4 overall when it shoots better than 41.6% from the field.
- Duquesne is 8-5 against the spread and 8-5 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 48% from the field.
- The Dukes are shooting 42.5% from the field, 3.8% lower than the 46.3% the Spiders’ opponents have shot this season.
- Duquesne has compiled a 6-1 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall in games when it shoots above 46.3% from the field.
- This season, Richmond has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall when its opponents shoot higher than 42.5% from the field.
- The Spiders shoot 35.7% from three-point range, 7.2% higher than the 28.5% the Dukes allow to opponents.
- Richmond has an 8-5-1 record against the spread and a 12-3 record overall when the team knocks down more than 28.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Duquesne has a 7-4 record against the spread while going 7-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.7% from downtown.
- The Dukes’ three-point shooting percentage this season (30%) is just two percentage points lower than opponents of the Spiders are averaging (32%).
- Duquesne is 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread when it shoots above 32% as a team from three-point range.
- Richmond has a 6-4 ATS record and a 9-2 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 30% from three-point range.
- The Spiders knock down 7.6 three-pointers per game this season, only one more made shot on average than the 6.6 per game the Dukes allow.
- When Richmond makes more threes than its opponents, it is 5-2-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall. When Duquesne is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 4-4 ATS and 3-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from