A game after he scored 34 points in a 94-78 win over Bellarmine, Darius McGhee leads the Liberty Flames (20-5) at home against the Kennesaw State Owls (5-18) as 17.5-point favorites. The matchup, which begins at 2:00 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021, airs on ESPN+. The point total in the matchup is set at 131.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 4, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.3 points of each other).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 3.9 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Liberty 76, Kennesaw State 59
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Flames’ average implied point total this season is 2.1 fewer points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (71.9 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- Liberty has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (74) 13 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Owls (71.9) is 14.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (57).
- Kennesaw State has scored more than 57 points 18 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Liberty and Kennesaw State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 17.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Flames have a 49.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.4% higher than the 45.7% of shots the Owls’ opponents have made.
- Liberty is 15-1 overall and 11-1 against the spread when it shoots higher than 45.7% from the field.
- Kennesaw State has a 7-5 record against the spread and a 5-11 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 49.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Owls’ 41.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is -1 percentage points lower than the Flames have allowed to their opponents (40.4%).
- Kennesaw State is 4-9 overall and 5-4 against the spread when it shoots higher than 40.4% from the field.
- Liberty is 12-3 against the spread and 16-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 41.4% from the field.
- The Flames’ 39.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is 7.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Owls have shot from deep (31.6%).
- Liberty is 13-0 against the spread and 17-1 overall when it shoots better than 31.6% from distance.
- Kennesaw State has gone 5-17 overall and has a 9-7 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 39.2% from deep.
- The Owls’ three-point shooting percentage this season (31.1%) is only 0.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Flames are averaging (30.4%).
- Kennesaw State has a 5-4 ATS record and is 4-8 straight-up in games when the team hits better than 30.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Liberty is 8-4 ATS and 13-3 overall in games it shoots above 31.1% from deep.
- The Flames make 10.6 three-pointers per game this season, four more made shots on average than the 6.6 per game the Owls allow.
- The Flames are 13-2 against the spread and 16-4 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Owls are 0-4 ATS and 0-6 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from