The Manhattan Jaspers (6-11) host the Fairfield Stags (6-15) in a matchup of MAAC teams at Draddy Gymnasium, tipping off at 6:00 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021. The Jaspers are 4.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total in the matchup is set at 123.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 4, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Jaspers by 2.7 points, just 1.8 less than the 4.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total (130.0 points) much higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game (123 points). Take the over.
Prediction: Manhattan 66, Fairfield 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Jaspers have an average implied point total of 66.7 this season, which is 2.7 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (64).
- This season, Manhattan has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (64) 10 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Stags (67.7) is 8.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (59).
- Fairfield has put up more than 59 points in 13 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Manhattan and Fairfield Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Jaspers have a 37% shooting percentage from the field, which is 8.1% lower than the 45.1% of shots the Stags’ have knocked down.
- In games when Manhattan shoots higher than 45.1% from the field, it is 1-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- Fairfield has gone 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 37% from the field.
- The Stags are shooting 39.7% from the field, 2.9% lower than the 42.6% the Jaspers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Fairfield has compiled a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall in games when it shoots better than 42.6% from the field.
- Manhattan is 3-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 39.7% from the field.
- The Jaspers are making 26.8% of their three-point shots this season, 7.4% lower than the 34.2% the Stags allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Manhattan has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when the team connects on more than 34.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Fairfield has put up a 3-1 against the spread while going 5-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 26.8% from deep.
- The Stags three-point shooting percentage this season (30.4%) is 1.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Jaspers are averaging (32.2%).
- Fairfield is 1-2 against the spread and 1-6 overall when shooting over 32.2% as a team from three-point range.
- Manhattan has a 3-3 ATS record and a 4-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 30.4% from deep.
- The Jaspers are 4-3 against the spread and 6-6 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Stags are 3-7 ATS and 2-11 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from