A game after he scored 32 points in a 64-58 win over UAPB, Tristan Jarrett leads the Jackson State Tigers (9-5) at home against the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (6-7) as 9-point favorites. The matchup begins at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is set at 123.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 4, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Tigers taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (7.8 points). Lean towards taking the Bulldogs.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 6.6 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Jackson State 69, Alabama A&M 61
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Tigers’ average implied point total this season is eight more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (74 implied points on average compared to 66 implied points in this game).
- Jackson State has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (66) four times this season.
- The 73.6-point average implied total on the season for the Bulldogs is 16.6 more points than the team’s 57-point implied total in this matchup.
- Alabama A&M has scored more than 57 points nine times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Jackson State and Alabama A&M Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 9+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Tigers have a 37.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.8% lower than the 39.5% of shots the Bulldogs’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when Jackson State shoots higher than 39.5% from the field, it is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Alabama A&M’s record is 2-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall when its opponents make more than 37.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Bulldogs’ 40.9% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.7 percentage points higher than the Tigers have allowed to their opponents (40.2%).
- Alabama A&M is 5-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it shoots higher than 40.2% from the field.
- When opponents of Jackson State shoot above 40.9% from the field, it is 4-3 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- The Tigers are knocking down 30.2% of their three-point shots this season, 2.6% higher than the 27.6% the Bulldogs allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Jackson State has put together a 5-1 straight-up record and a 3-3 record against the spread in games when the team makes more than 27.6% of its three-point shots this season.
- Alabama A&M is 4-4 against the spread while putting up a 5-3 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 30.2% from three-point range.
- The Bulldogs are knocking down 28.3% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 1.3 percentage points fewer than the 29.6% the Tigers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Alabama A&M is 3-3 overall and 4-2 against the spread when it shoots above 29.6% as a team from three-point range.
- Jackson State has an 8-0 straight-up record and a 4-4 ATS record this season when it connects on more than 28.3% of its three-point attempts.
- The Bulldogs are 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Tigers are 1-3 ATS and 0-4 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from