The Texas Southern Tigers (11-8) are heavily favored (-12) to build on a four-game win streak when they host the Alcorn State Braves (6-10) at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at H&PE Arena. The over/under for the matchup is set at 143.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 4, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.2 points of each other).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 2.8 points higher than the model projection.
Prediction: Texas Southern 76, Alcorn State 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Tigers have an average implied point total of 77.8 this season, which is 0.2 points lower than their implied total in Thursday’s game (78).
- So far this season, Texas Southern has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (78) five times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Braves (77.4) is 11.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (66).
- Alcorn State is looking to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (66) for the eighth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas Southern and Alcorn State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 12+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Tigers are shooting 44.6% from the field this season, 5.3 percentage points lower than the 49.9% the Braves allow to opponents.
- Texas Southern is 0-1-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it collectively shoots higher than 49.9% from the field.
- Alcorn State has put up a 4-3 record against the spread and a 5-2 record overall when its opponents hit more than 44.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Braves are shooting 40.3% from the field, 0% lower than the 40.3% the Tigers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Alcorn State is 4-4 overall and 4-4 against the spread when it shoots higher than 40.3% from the field.
- This season, Texas Southern has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when its opponents shoot greater than 40.3% from the field.
- The Tigers’ 28.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 8.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Braves have shot from beyond the arc (37.5%).
- Texas Southern is 0-3-1 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it shoots better than 37.5% from distance.
- Alcorn State has put together a 4-3 straight-up record and gone 5-2 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 28.7% from three-point distance.
- The Braves shoot 29.1% from three-point distance this season. That’s 2.3 percentage points lower than the Tigers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (31.4%).
- Alcorn State’s record is 2-1 ATS and 1-2 overall when the team hits more than 31.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas Southern is 4-2 ATS and 5-2 overall in games when shooting above 29.1% from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from