John Wall leads the Houston Rockets (11-22) into a matchup with the Brooklyn Nets (23-13) after putting up 32 points in a 101-90 loss to the Cavaliers. The Nets are 8-point favorites in the matchup on Wednesday, March 3, 2021, which tips off at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. The point total for the matchup is set at 226.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 3, 2021, 7:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 3
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot: Out (Knee),
Kevin Durant: Out (Hamstring),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Jeff Green: Day To Day (Shoulder)
Danuel House Jr.: Day To Day (Knee),
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Eric Gordon: Day To Day (Knee),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle),
Rodions Kurucs: Out (Oblique)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+8)|
|Total Pick||Over (226.5)|
|Prediction||Nets 118, Rockets 111|
The model favors the Nets by 6.8 points, just 1.2 less than the 8-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (228.3 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (226.5 points).
Nets Key Players
Nets Player Props
- James Harden’s assists prop over/under for the contest is listed at 9.5 assists, 1.5 assists lower than his season average of 11.0.
- Kevin Durant’s points prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 1.5 points higher than his season average of 29.0.
- Joe Harris’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 3.4.
- DeAndre Jordan’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s PRA prop total for the matchup is listed at 32.5, 1.0 lower than his season average of 33.5.
- Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.3 less than his season average of 29.8.
- Eric Gordon’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Victor Oladipo’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- The Nets make 49.8% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.5 percentage points higher than the Rockets have allowed to their opponents (46.3%).
- Brooklyn has a 15-11 record against the spread and a 19-7 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.3% from the field.
- Houston’s record is 11-12-1 against the spread and 11-13 overall when its opponents make more than 49.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Rockets’ 43.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.2 percentage points lower than the Nets have given up to their opponents (46.9%).
- Houston is 7-4 against the spread and 7-4 overall when it shoots higher than 46.9% from the field.
- Brooklyn is 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 43.7% from the field.
- The Nets are hitting 40.4% of their three-point shots this season, 3.8% higher than the 36.6% the Rockets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Brooklyn is 16-9 against the spread and 19-6 overall when it shoots better than 36.6% from distance.
- Houston is 8-12-1 against the spread and 9-12 overall when its opponents shoot better than 40.4% from deep.
- The Rockets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (33%) is 3.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Nets are averaging (36.6%).
- Houston has a 6-3 ATS record and is 6-3 straight-up when the team hits more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Brooklyn has an 8-5 ATS record and a 10-3 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 33% of its three-point shots.
- The Nets’ 15.3 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.9 more made shots on average than the 13.4 per game the Rockets allow.
- Brooklyn is 14-11 against the spread and 17-8 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Houston is 2-11 ATS and 2-11 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Nets are the fourth-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Rockets give up the ninth-fewest makes from deep.
Nets vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from