The Charlotte Hornets (16-18) visit the Minnesota Timberwolves (7-28) as 1-point favorites after LaMelo Ball scored 30 points in the Hornets’ 123-111 loss to the Trail Blazers. The game airs on FS-SE at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. The point total in the matchup is set at 229.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 3, 2021, 7:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 3
Gordon Hayward: Day To Day (Hand),
Devonte’ Graham: Day To Day (Knee),
Cody Zeller: Day To Day (Hip)
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (-1)|
|Total Pick||Under (229.5)|
|Prediction||Hornets 114, Timberwolves 111|
The model projects the Hornets to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (3.3 to 1).
The model predicts a total 4.4 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Gordon Hayward’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 19.5, 2.0 points less than his season average of 21.5.
- Ball’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 29.5, 1.3 greater than his season average of 28.2.
- Terry Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
Timberwolves Key Players
Timberwolves Player Props
- Karl-Anthony Towns’ rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is set at 10.5 boards, 0.2 rebounds lower than his season average of 10.7.
- Ricky Rubio’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 20.5, 3.4 higher than his season average of 17.1.
- D’Angelo Russell’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Towns’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
- This season, the Hornets have a 46.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.4% lower than the 47.7% of shots the Timberwolves’ opponents have made.
- In games Charlotte shoots higher than 47.7% from the field, it is 12-5 against the spread and 11-6 overall.
- Minnesota is 7-5-2 against the spread and 5-9 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 46.3% from the field.
- The Timberwolves are shooting 43.6% from the field, 3.7% lower than the 47.3% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Minnesota is 1-3-1 against the spread and 1-4 overall when it shoots better than 47.3% from the field.
- Charlotte is 8-1 against the spread and 8-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.6% from the field.
- The Hornets shoot 38.3% from beyond the arc, 0.6% higher than the 37.7% the Timberwolves allow to opponents.
- Charlotte has assembled a 12-5 record against the spread and an 11-7 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 37.7% of its three-point shots.
- Minnesota is 11-7-1 against the spread and 7-12 overall when its opponents shoot better than 38.3% from deep.
- The Timberwolves’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35%) is three percentage points lower than opponents of the Hornets are averaging (38%).
- Minnesota has a 6-4-2 ATS record and is 4-8 straight-up when the team makes more than 38% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte is 7-5 ATS and 8-5 overall in games it shoots above 35% from deep.
- The Hornets knock down 13.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.2 more makes per game than the Timberwolves allow (12.7).
- When Charlotte makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 10-6 against the spread and 11-6 overall. When Minnesota is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 0-11 ATS and 0-11 straight up.
- The Timberwolves make the 16th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Hornets allow the 29th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Hornets vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from